Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

(2015) SF Ogugua Anunoby to IU

I don't know that I was skeptic, I think my posts were mainly from 2014 about where the scholarship would come from. At the time we had just had a lot of transfers and were really high on guys like Stanford Robinson, Devin Davis, and had just signed guys like April and Priller, and already had Juwan committed. My recollection is once I read up on OG and saw some videos, I was fairly high on him. 

The start of this thread is a cool read. Huge kudos to rebelhoosier and Kepner, both of whom got the OG vibe very, very early. 

BGleas wore his skeptic hat, and a couple thought that the scholly we had "wasted on Hartman" would end up going to OG.

Some said that Juwan and OG got ripped and no one expected much from them. That is not the feeling I have after looking over these threads. People were excited about Juwan from jump and people (myself included) were worried about some recent misses at the beginning of OG. Once OG research commenced, people seemed to recognize his upside and support him.

Priller, April, and Gelon threads were different. I hate grouping Gelon there but the fan reaction is similar. The fact that Crean accepted Gelon so early makes me have slightly higher hopes for his prospects. I can honestly see him fulfilling shooting duties at some point.

Some said that Juwan and OG got ripped and no one expected much from them. That is not the feeling I have after looking over these threads. People were excited about Juwan from jump and people (myself included) were worried about some recent misses at the beginning of OG. Once OG research commenced, people seemed to recognize his upside and support him.

Priller, April, and Gelon threads were different. I hate grouping Gelon there but the fan reaction is similar. The fact that Crean accepted Gelon so early makes me have slightly higher hopes for his prospects. I can honestly see him fulfilling shooting duties at some point.

one thing I have been thinking about recently: Priller and April are usually the counter examples when it is claimed that Crean has an unusual eye for talent. I was thinking that we never really recruited them. We had never heard of either of them until a tweet popped up saying that they were committing to IU. The others, Crean has aggressively recruited as hard as anyone before they were committed. With Holt, Hoetzel, OG, Ibi Watson, Marvin Clark, Yante Maten, Gelon, Josh Cunningham, Devonte Green there has been at least a few months of scouting and recruitment. In those Cases Crean has a near flawless track record, with Gelon, Watson, and Green still to be determined. I don't know maybe I'm crazy but just an observation

I would love to see OG's true coming out party against the scared kittens to advance in the tourney.  I mean a performance that has scouts looking down at their player guides saying "who is this kid" like Crean was when he first saw him play.  OG then stays for two more years leading the Hoosiers to the promise land! 

#imightberebelindisguise

The thing about OG is when you see him on the court, he may not be the tallest but he is like the biggest kid out there. Looks odd because it kindve looks likes a video game player with super sized attributes. You can tell he has put in the work since he came. I love how he's always looking at the passing lanes for a potential steal.

On the radio post game Crean mentioned that OG is such a coachable kid that one of the first things he said to Crean after the game was "I know coach, I have to run tomorrow". He had apparently done something "bad" in the game and it showed his humility that he did not come in celebrating but understanding that he could do better.

Would love to know what it was that he felt warranted the need to run - Crean laughed and said he told him he could wait till Monday or just skip it this time (can't remember which).

Stories like that are why I think he's at least going to be a 3-year guy even if he's projected to the league. He's the kind of player who stays because it's the right thing to do for his team and his coach. I really believe he'll be here until he has a degree.

Stories like that are why I think he's at least going to be a 3-year guy even if he's projected to the league. He's the kind of player who stays because it's the right thing to do for his team and his coach. I really believe he'll be here until he has a degree.

I agree plus his father is an educated man and will demand this of him. OG continues on this trend and he will be a top 5 lottery pick after his junior year.

Anyone else scared we won't get two more years out of OG? Next year he will get the minutes he deserves; watch out!

Love OG! Thing is you can tell he is still a lil raw offensively, which only means this kid will continue to develop and get better. Looking at him you can tell he's way more than 215 like the article from last week. Moves well for someone 6'8 235! Extremely excited about his future here at IU