Class of '66 Old Fart Posted August 19 Author Posted August 19 I think we should present them with a banner. HoosierHoopster, Demo, LIHoosier and 3 others 2 1 3 Quote
Demo Posted August 19 Posted August 19 18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said: I think we should present them with a banner. That absolutely needs to happen. A halftime presentation of a “Humiliated Purdue in the NCAA Tournament” banner would be a world class troll job. Quote
hper50 Posted August 20 Posted August 20 Any idea when conference schedule will be finalized and released? Mid Sept again? Quote
TheWatShot Posted August 20 Posted August 20 22 hours ago, LIHoosier said: Hosting Fairleigh Dickinson on December 22 per their non con release. Though I'm sure none of the players that night will have been on the 2023 team, do they get a standing ovation pre-tip? The connection to them beating Purdue is the only thing keeping this addition completely out of "SMDH" territory for me. Why haven't we seen a full schedule yet? Kind of dumb that we're learning about games from our opponents. Quote
LIHoosier Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Hosting UCF on December 12th...power 4 conference! Hovadipo, RaceToTheTop, str8baller and 1 other 4 Quote
TheWatShot Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Might be the most power conference opponents we've had since Mike Davis was here. lol str8baller 1 Quote
Jeff Flabjohns Posted August 24 Posted August 24 Syracuse and UK in Indy Arkansas in NYC Hosting Mizzou and UCF in mid-Dec HoosierHoopster 1 Quote
Home Jersey Posted August 25 Posted August 25 I like it. Good mix of schools in the competition. I'd guess we head into conference season 10-2. Quote
Hovadipo Posted August 25 Posted August 25 Hopefully they can let me know where I'm sitting for the Kentucky game now. Quote
WayneFleekHoosier Posted August 25 Posted August 25 I feel 30/70 vs Arkansas 50/50 vs UK 95/5 vs UCF 80/20 vs Mizzou. If I had to bet, I’d guess 2 losses. 1 loss should be the expectation with this schedule. Home Jersey and HoosierHoopster 2 Quote
HoosierHoopster Posted August 25 Posted August 25 13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said: I feel 30/70 vs Arkansas 50/50 vs UK 95/5 vs UCF 80/20 vs Mizzou. If I had to bet, I’d guess 2 losses. 1 loss should be the expectation with this schedule. Last year's team wasn't up to UK but this year's team just may be -- would love to see a return to actual IU ball with a W over pUKe Pagoda 1 Quote
str8baller Posted August 25 Posted August 25 1 hour ago, Home Jersey said: I like it. Good mix of schools in the competition. I'd guess we head into conference season 10-2. So do I. Best one in recent memory. Home Jersey 1 Quote
Brass Cannon Posted August 25 Posted August 25 Definitely like this schedule more and maybe indicative of how DeVries feels about the team Quote
jermhoosierfan Posted August 25 Posted August 25 2 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said: Last year's team wasn't up to UK but this year's team just may be -- would love to see a return to actual IU ball with a W over pUKe That second half was atrocious in Lexington. Being so close to home, it should be a W if they can gel before pUKe does. I don't think that Pope is the right coach for them, but you never know. HoosierHoopster 1 Quote
WayneFleekHoosier Posted August 25 Posted August 25 3 hours ago, jermhoosierfan said: That second half was atrocious in Lexington. Being so close to home, it should be a W if they can gel before pUKe does. I don't think that Pope is the right coach for them, but you never know. Pope is a players coach. If you have the right players he can catch lightning in a bottle, but he’s insecure deep down and has some self doubt. The playing time on his roster this year is more obvious than it was last year and that will help him. I unfortunately love his roster this year even with some doubts in the backcourt. But I certainly don’t trust Pope. And I hope it just stays near the middle so he’s there for a little longer. Quote
Pagoda Posted August 25 Posted August 25 The UK game is gonna be big for CDD. Win that and it will get fans attention and create some belief. Personally, I care a lot about the UK games. It's a great series and I want to beat them as much or even more than PU. We haven't really competed with them since RMK's prime ended... since 1994 our record is 5-16. They were playing the "game" of college hoops (paying players and finding the right coach) and we weren't. In the NIL era we have a chance again. Need to win this year. str8baller, WayneFleekHoosier and Home Jersey 3 Quote
Home Jersey Posted August 25 Posted August 25 1 hour ago, Pagoda said: The UK game is gonna be big for CDD. Win that and it will get fans attention and create some belief. Personally, I care a lot about the UK games. It's a great series and I want to beat them as much or even more than PU. We haven't really competed with them since RMK's prime ended... since 1994 our record is 5-16. They were playing the "game" of college hoops (paying players and finding the right coach) and we weren't. In the NIL era we have a chance again. Need to win this year. Totally agree about the series. Kentucky game is really important this year especially. One more minor reason, we'll be coming off the Arkansas game, which I think will be a loss. Be really nice to bounce back with a win in Indianapolis. WayneFleekHoosier 1 Quote
HoosierHoopster Posted August 25 Posted August 25 48 minutes ago, Pagoda said: The UK game is gonna be big for CDD. Win that and it will get fans attention and create some belief. Games Personally, I care a lot about the UK games. It's a great series and I want to beat them as much or even more than PU. We haven't really competed with them since RMK's prime ended... since 1994 our record is 5-16. They were playing the "game" of college hoops (paying players and finding the right coach) and we weren't. In the NIL era we have a chance again. Need to win this year. Then again, there was the Wat Shot which caused Cal to refuse to play IU after losing (pathetic), and Crean knocked them out of the tournament one year. Our program clearly has had a bad trajectory overall the past 20 years, with a few exceptions under Sampson and Crean — looking forward to what is hopefully a return to solid and consistently good basketball starting this season, and beating UK again would go a long way Quote
OGIUAndy Posted August 26 Posted August 26 2 hours ago, Pagoda said: The UK game is gonna be big for CDD. Win that and it will get fans attention and create some belief. Personally, I care a lot about the UK games. It's a great series and I want to beat them as much or even more than PU. We haven't really competed with them since RMK's prime ended... since 1994 our record is 5-16. They were playing the "game" of college hoops (paying players and finding the right coach) and we weren't. In the NIL era we have a chance again. Need to win this year. Not to hype it more than necessary, but I think it will show what kind of coaching chops CDD has. Pope is no Pitino. HoosierHoopster, Jeff Flabjohns and Pagoda 3 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.