Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoopster

President Whitten - 2024 Faculty No Vote

17 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Simple question then:  why did the BOT violate Indiana government open information act?  

It’s also not like she hadn’t been a college president before — she was in her third year as Kennesaw State’s president for three years prior to coming to Indiana.

I have no idea. I just know from prior experience an overlap is helpful when coming from outside.  That is really all I was able to comment on. 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

I have no idea. I just know from prior experience an overlap is helpful when coming from outside.  That is really all I was able to comment on. 

Oh, I agree there can be some overlap.  But if you look at the details of the arrangement I think you can see why the BOT withheld the information:

former president McRobbie was paid I’ve $588,000 for six months of ‘consulting’ to President whidden.

if you search public governmental salaries, President whidden’s salary is $829K.  That means McRobbie was getting paid more during his six months as a ‘consultant’ than whidden was getting paid as active president.

My gut says McRobbie was definitely not doing much of any real consulting — it was a golden parachute which likely wouldn’t have been legal to do as a governmental institution which is why they classified it as ‘consulting’.

My opinion is that the BOT tried to withhold this information because they knew of the ramifications — in the end it breeds distrust of the faculty toward the new president from the get go.

93%!!!!   that's more clear cut than the "are you happy with Coach Mike Woodson" poll.  

93% of those who voted which is probably ~30% of those eligible to vote which is around 26% of the faculty wanting her gone. There would be plenty of public figures thrilled with only having 26% wanting them out of office.

Just now, HoosierHoopster said:

All of them, that’s why it’s 93% of 948…

But there are certainly more than 948 faculty who would have been eligible to vote. Only one side of the vote was motivated to take the time to do so apparently.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

But there are certainly more than 948 faculty who would have been eligible to vote. Only one side of the vote was motivated to take the time to do so apparently.

Of course. There are three thousand and change eligible to vote.

However you slice it almost a thousand faculty took the time to vote on this no confidence point and 93% of them voted no confidence. For context the last time there was a no confidence vote, I think it was Herbert, and something like 500 faculty voted.

The backbending to minimize appx 950 faculty voting no confidence is kind of comical. It’s clearly significant.

Side note, I have no dog in this inter-college fight, it just strikes me as kind of comical to see people calling out 948 profs when they have no idea what their complaints are, but call them entitled anyway. Oh well.

12 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Of course. There are three thousand and change eligible to vote.

However you slice it almost a thousand faculty took the time to vote on this no confidence point and 93% of them voted no confidence. For context the last time there was a no confidence vote, I think it was Herbert, and something like 500 faculty voted.

The backbending to minimize appx 950 faculty voting no confidence is kind of comical. It’s clearly significant.

Side note, I have no dog in this inter-college fight, it just strikes me as kind of comical to see people calling out 948 profs when they have no idea what their complaints are, but call them entitled anyway. Oh well.

Oh completely agree!

It seems as though the aggrieved were motivated, but the proponents of Pres Whitten among faculty were really hard to find.

40 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh completely agree!

It seems as though the aggrieved were motivated, but the proponents of Pres Whitten among faculty were really hard to find.

I know some of the real concerns but not my place to put them on a message board. Let’s say it’s complicated, lol

12 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I know some of the real concerns but not my place to put them on a message board. Let’s say it’s complicated, lol

What is the story here? I don't need real details or anything but I'm really just curious about what's happened and what's next.