Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoopster

President Whitten - 2024 Faculty No Vote

To your delight or sadness, I'm willing to no longer talk about this. I got a lot of work to do before Monday hits.   If we just fired Woodson I would have probably not engaged because I'd be focusing on my Knicks and Mets.  Let's just blame Woodson. 

18 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Again not trying to cherry pick but you gotta look at so called attachments were conditioned with those. Look up what Finkelstein says about this.  Guys you do know that there's a good segment from Israel citizens who are protesting also right? I'm not cherry picking I'm just looking at the entire scope of it. 

Believe me when I say this I never TRY to  pick sides. If the roles were reversed I'd be calling out the Palestinians. The balance is , as of now, completely one sided ( resources , military positioning , prisoners, mainstream media ).  

Norman Finkelstein is a sociopath who uses the fact his parents were in the holocaust as his “free pass” to escape critique in spreading a lot of false narratives and half truths about Israel. I’m not saying there aren’t legitimate gripes from the Palestinian perspective, but if someone is going to promulgate them they should cite a better source than Finkelstein. Who’s next, Jeremy Corbyn?

7 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Norman Finkelstein is a sociopath who uses the fact his parents were in the holocaust as his “free pass” to escape critique in spreading a lot of false narratives and half truths about Israel. I’m not saying there aren’t legitimate gripes from the Palestinian perspective, but if someone is going to promulgate them they should cite a better source than Finkelstein. Who’s next, Jeremy Corbyn?

Would you like other people other jewish people to talk about it? Can you give me the parameters of what passes your character test? Believe me when I say there are a ton. You know, a lot of people would also think what a lot of what this board thinks would be absurd also.  

I can understand what you guys are talking about  and through that it's trying to come from a good place. In the end I know you guys are all trying to come from a good place. I don't care if you treat me like &^% if you have good information that  opens my mind I'll be happy to take it in. I'm proud to say that I have been wrong in the past and humbly adapted.  Even when the person who was right was disrespectful and put definitive labels on me.  

For those who are curious I implore you to dig a little deeper. Get the whole picture and yes in whole picture  will reveal bad stuff on both sides.   I'm not giving you specifics on purpose because I want you guys to do the research so you find out on your own. Don't look at from a side perspective.   

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

IU has been not as bad as a few places, but quite a bit worse than most.

And allow me to amend your second sentence, which is already on point:

It’s not enough to “get at it early.” Excellent leadership predicts problems and drastically reduces the likelihood of problems ever happening.

Yea you can pretty much see where any protest is going to go before it ever starts. At least nowadays. If you know what the topic of the protest is... You can pretty easily guess as to how it's going to go.