Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoopster

President Whitten - 2024 Faculty No Vote

4 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this but maybe somewhat related to this thread—

IU Bloomington faculty have set up a no confidence vote against President Whitten and 2 top administrators to be voted on tomorrow (Monday).

U got a line. Wonder where this stems from.

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

She isn't "progressive" enough for them.  This is a basketball forum but pretty clear this is all politics.

It’s largely what can be considered to fall within politics (see IDS article) but on this one I do have inside insight. The direct relations with the profs are bad.

44 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

It’s largely what can be considered to fall within politics (see IDS article) but on this one I do have inside insight. The direct relations with the profs are bad.

Yeah but it sounds like that is kind of a two way street.  

Anyways, don't want to derail.  I know this site is pretty heavy on no politics, just sports, and I don't think I can do this particular topic without getting political.

35 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Yeah but it sounds like that is kind of a two way street.  

Anyways, don't want to derail.  I know this site is pretty heavy on no politics, just sports, and I don't think I can do this particular topic without getting political.

Yeah I’m avoiding the politics and trying to tell you directly I have specific inside info here and the idea it’s about politics and to be dismissive by going there is off, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes in the relations with faculty. That’s all I’m going to say.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Profs are really angry with her. She has some out there policies. One examp - for any meeting with her the person (prof, etc) has to put their cellphone in a container, some feeling reflects paranoia.

Sounds like she just wants ther attention.  If this is “out there” it seems mild. 

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Yeah I’m avoiding the politics and trying to tell you directly I have specific inside info here and the idea it’s about politics and to be dismissive by going there is off, there’s a lot going on behind the scenes in the relations with faculty. That’s all I’m going to say.

Professors should profess and stop whining.  Sounds to me like she’s doing here job and some people are butt hurt.  But we digress.  

11 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I would be very interested to hear if you ever fire up the PM train on this topic.

11 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Just an example of perceived paranoia - lack of trust, bad relations 

I also read that as not wanting distractions. If that's the case then we need more of that in this world imo. Also if that's the reasoning then not really "out there" either. If the motivation is paranoia then yeah it's odd.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It's an interesting situation.

My take?

1. Pres Whitten makes a very favorable impression, both in style and substance, every time I've heard her speak publicly; however,
  2. Unless you regularly interact with a leader it it very difficult to know, and pretty speculative to claim to understand whether that leader is irrevocably flawed.

Did you read the IDS article? 

14 hours ago, johnsoniu said:

That article is probably the weakest argument/reasoning I've ever heard for being upset with someone's job performance.