Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

Putting aside any fit or scheme questions, 90% of that team flat quit and that kid didn’t. Speaks well for him.

Both Payne and Hatfield are mega-active.

I know they don’t fit with Reneau, but very few bigs do. They are both really good players.

The chance to wrap up Hatfield on an official visit would be a major, major talent infusion.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Both Payne and Hatfield are mega-active.

I know they don’t fit with Reneau, but very few bigs do. They are both really good players.

The chance to wrap up Hatfield on an official visit would be a major, major talent infusion.

Is Hatfield visiting Indiana?

7 hours ago, HoosierDaddy87 said:

Went to most UE home games.... He's not going to overwhelm you with athletic ability but he has a nose for the ball and will bang underneath with the big boys.  He's a spot up shooter and can hit from well behind 3 point line

Thanks for the insight. In his video you see him taking and making several contested 3's. Is there consistency doing that? Any pull up shooting abilities? Thanks

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Myles Rice from Washington St appears to be a guard target. 

Missed his first season at Washington State in 2022-23 when he was diagnosed with cancer (Hodgin's lymphoma) and had to undergo chemotherapy.  Last year as a redshirt freshman averaged 14.8 points, 3.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists.  Pac 12 freshman of the year.

Upside -- excellent defender, can score in multiple ways.  Good distributor.

Downside -- didn't shoot the three ball well.  Just 36 of 131 from three (28%).  Worth mentioning that up until the last nine games went into a shooting slump -- 43 of 111 from the field (39%) and just 2 of 28 from three.  Ended the year shooting 44/28/81.  Prior to that point he was shooting 46% from the field and 33% from three.

In sum.....I do think there is reason to believe he is going to be a better three point shooter than he's shown.  Doubt he would have been given the freedom to shoot as many threes as he did unless the coaches felt he was a better shooter than he showed at Washington State as the Cougars were very good this year.

I'd say he's like Tony Perkins but with a bigger upside.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Missed his first season at Washington State in 2022-23 when he was diagnosed with cancer (Hodgin's lymphoma) and had to undergo chemotherapy.  Last year as a redshirt freshman averaged 14.8 points, 3.1 rebounds, 3.8 assists.  Pac 12 freshman of the year.

Upside -- excellent defender, can score in multiple ways.  Good distributor.

Downside -- didn't shoot the three ball well.  Just 36 of 131 from three (28%).  Worth mentioning that up until the last nine games went into a shooting slump -- 43 of 111 from the field (39%) and just 2 of 28 from three.  Ended the year shooting 44/28/81.  Prior to that point he was shooting 46% from the field and 33% from three.

In sum.....I do think there is reason to believe he is going to be a better three point shooter than he's shown.  Doubt he would have been given the freedom to shoot as many threes as he did unless the coaches felt he was a better shooter than he showed at Washington State as the Cougars were very good this year.

I'd say he's like Tony Perkins but with a bigger upside.

Watched a few Wash St games this year (don’t ask me why). Kid was all business. Doesn’t wow you with any flashiness or elite athleticism, but he’s a playmaker who gets the job done. He actually redshirted during the 21-22 season before being diagnosed with cancer and then medical redshirted in 22-23 so he’s going to be 24-25 by the time his eligibility is up. I think he’s from Columbia SC originally.

24 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Watched a few Wash St games this year (don’t ask me why). Kid was all business. Doesn’t wow you with any flashiness or elite athleticism, but he’s a playmaker who gets the job done. He actually redshirted during the 21-22 season before being diagnosed with cancer and then medical redshirted in 22-23 so he’s going to be 24-25 by the time his eligibility is up. I think he’s from Columbia SC originally.

Have to think if there was ever a player that the NCAA would give a sixth year, it would be him.  Literally played 1 game in the 2021-22 and 2022-23 seasons.

Trilly also saying that he’s hearing more IU for Perkins. But lots of Michigan for Essegian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Thornton in portal yet. Perkins as our lead guard is such a curious move. Essegian is whatever to me. Can be exposed on defensive end. Limited on offensive end.

If I want that, I take Blackmon without question.

I’m not too thrilled with what we’ve got going so far. Even the rumored names aren’t big ticket guys.

TBD, I guess, hope some surprise names drop this week.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app