Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

If I thought that were true I’d be fine with Blackmon. But my fear is what you’d actually get is Blackmon giving you 17, giving up 22 and putting your bigs on the bench with fouls because he can’t stay in front of any decent scorer. 

That’s what’s most likely in a major conference 

I think Perkins would make us a little better, but if he ends up being the dynamic lead guard that we supposedly were targeting, I am underwhelmed. Keep waiting for those reported “connections” to kick in.

It is reported that Brandon Huntley-Hatfield from UL will visit April 12-14. He is to visit NC State this weekend but with them in the Elite 8, how will that visit go? If it happens this weekend at all.

18 hours ago, TTT said:

It really doesn’t matter if a player shoots a high 3 ball percentage unless it is done in the rhythm of a smooth passing and movement offense.  A 45% 3 ball shooter can become a 30 or below % shooter unless everything flows well.

What is this flow thing you speak of?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Saw this elsewhere.  Blackmon will get you 30.  Blackmon will give up 20.  Do you want him for a net 10 ppg?

If the worst defensive player on the floor is still net 10, you’re probably going undefeated. Just saying.

9 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

661 players had entered the portal according to On3 and only 23 have committed.

But we got a jump on many schools because we denied the NIT we probably wasn’t going to anyway, I’m only talking about 1.  There were players that committed to schools that still in the tournament 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1000%

Also greatly prefer Perkins, Walker, and especially Conwell.

Guys with some dog in ‘em.

Would love to see Walker here.Quick and crafty.Dont understand how he got out of Indiana in the first place.Plays with a chip on his shoulder.Just what this team needs.

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

But we got a jump on many schools because we denied the NIT we probably wasn’t going to anyway, I’m only talking about 1.  There were players that committed to schools that still in the tournament 

Getting a five star incoming freshman this week hasn’t filled your to-date quota?

A little patience—guessing it won’t be all that long.

58 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Is it just me and my impatience but shouldn’t we have at least 1 commitment from the transfer portal 

Hard to say. If some of the better guards we supposedly had better contacts with have not entered yet I understand why we have no one committed yet.  The guys coming in now may be getting backup offers and they may want starter roles.  Now if we swing and miss Woody has a big issue. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

If I thought that were true I’d be fine with Blackmon. But my fear is what you’d actually get is Blackmon giving you 17, giving up 22 and putting your bigs on the bench with fouls because he can’t stay in front of any decent scorer. 

Look at his stats against high major and tourney teams even at the NIT level.  It’s crappy except for one game.  Overall 30% overall and 30% from 3 this year.  

42 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Yeah.  Underwhelming to date.  

44 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I hope we are lining up visits for Little 500 weekend, April 19th and 20th.