Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

13 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

35? No, I don’t think either plays that many minutes. I do expect it to look like Ware/Reneau though and those two shared minutes.

To add: When Ware was hurt early in the year, Woodson had a chance to play Reneau at the 5, but he instead opted to play Sparks. So my eyes believe what they see and over the last 3 years that’s been a consistent commitment to 2 big lineups.

He may have started Sparks and Reneau together (and who cares) but he certainly didn’t play them together for long stretches. Sparks logged double digit minutes 5 times last season and played 20+ minutes once. He certainly isn’t married to the idea.

Reneau and Ware played a lot together because they were easily the two most consistent players last year by a wide margin. 

11 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

He may have started Sparks and Reneau together (and who cares) but he certainly didn’t play them together for long stretches. Sparks logged double digit minutes 5 times last season and played 20+ minutes once. He certainly isn’t married to the idea.

Reneau and Ware played a lot together because they were easily the two most consistent players last year by a wide margin. 

I won’t go back and forth with you on this one again, I’ll just hope you’re right and the last 3 years have been purely about personnel.

11 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

I’d rather we run a 4-guard lineup than see buddy ball.

Sure, most will agree with you, but still need a post for defense. Going into next season without a back-up center would be worse than going into this past season without a back-up SG. 

58 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

35? No, I don’t think either plays that many minutes. I do expect it to look like Ware/Reneau though and those two shared minutes.

To add: When Ware was hurt early in the year, Woodson had a chance to play Reneau at the 5, but he instead opted to play Sparks. So my eyes believe what they see and over the last 3 years that’s been a consistent commitment to 2 big lineups.

FWIW, Woodson playing Sparks at the 5 when Ware was hurt is only partially true.  Sparks did play 29 minutes against  Wisconsin when Ware was out.  But in the other two games that Ware was out, sparks played 14 minutes (against Kennesaw State) and 2 minutes (against Illinois), so Sparks averaged 15 min/game when Ware was out.  The larger recipient of minutes during that time was Anthony Walker who averaged 22 minutes in those game.

3 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Not just consistent but our BEST players. This whole style of play narrative is really kind of taken a life of it's own. Some based in reality, some based on fantasy. IU needs to shoot more 3's. But they don't have to be Alabama. Statistically speaking, of the teams with the highest % of points from 3's, BYU, Creighton, Charleston, and Dayton were in the tourney. I agree that IU needs to play more interchangeable/smaller lineups with our best "shooters" but not at the expense of our best players. We weren't beating anyone with the three with the roster we had. We just needed (and have gotten) better guard talent. I think this will help a lot. I also think the team is pointed in the right direction and I am not some Woody apologist. He needs to do better. The roster needed to be better. 

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

Not just consistent but our BEST players. This whole style of play narrative is really kind of take a life of it's own. Some based in reality, some based on fantasy. IU needs to shoot more 3's. But they don't have to be Alabama. Statistically speaking, of the teams with the highest % of points from 3's, BYU, Creighton, Charleston, and Dayton were in the tourney. I agree that IU needs to play more interchangeable/smaller lineups with our best "shooters" but not at the expense of our best players. We weren't beating anyone with the three with the roster we had. We just need (and have gotten) better guard talent. I think this will help a lot. I think the team is pointed in the right direction and I am not some Woody apologist. He needs to do better. The roster needed to be better. 

100%. Love this post.

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Anyone know if this fella was able to survive?  I worry about every once in awhile but every time he pops up he still seems to be hanging on. I really feel like I should click on it to help him in some way but I am to eager to see if someone committed so I hit the X too quickly.  If anyone knows how he is doing let us know. 

IMG_5637.png

He just can’t ever quite get over the hump anytime I see him. 

1 minute ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Wow. I check in after a day and this is the first thing I see. Things have...changed.

OH, what do you not go the the first unread? Do you just check in and go to the very last post?

Maybe you need to log some lessons with me to help with that.