Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

3 minutes ago, Trish said:

Is there any reason why the Stanford kid hasn't committed yet? Thought it was done. 

He visits on the 19th

Just now, rcbowla said:

I don't care who is on the sidelines as long as we win at a high level. Something tells me that likely won't be Woodson but as long as there is talent on the team then it'll be smoother for whoever is next. 

I don't think that is really true anymore with the transfer portal.  Things change so much from year to year.  If a new coach comes in the following year things will probably be completely different.  

5 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Anyone else really struggling with the conflict of not wanting Woodson to have any success and wanting Indiana to do well?  

I want Indiana to have good players, but I want Woodson ran out of town.  

Such a struggle. 

I know I am right there with you but I can’t root for us to lose!  I think many on here feel the same as us.  I am hoping we do well and Woodson retires on a high note.  Probably won’t happen that way

8 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Anyone else really struggling with the conflict of not wanting Woodson to have any success and wanting Indiana to do well?  

Such a struggle. 

Gotta view it as win, win!  If we get great talent and do really well…well then it’s tough to root against. If we get talent, or not, and Mike’s mediocre again…then he gone!!

2 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

I don't care who is on the sidelines as long as we win at a high level. Something tells me that likely won't be Woodson but as long as there is talent on the team then it'll be smoother for whoever is next. 

1 minute ago, TadQueasy said:

I don't think that is really true anymore with the transfer portal.  Things change so much from year to year.  If a new coach comes in the following year things will probably be completely different.  

Yup... the fact Rice and Carlyle who we've prioritized, both have 3 years of eligibility left, says to me that the staff is planning on being here past next year. Maybe that's stating the obvious and/or I'm looking at our prioritization of those two the wrong way... but I'm personally not counting on a coaching change any time soon at this rate. 

10 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Such a struggle. 

Nope. 

11 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Could be but I'd wager it's easier to get a talent to stay at a school rather than trying to get one to leave their current school.

They way I worded that was stupid. Retention is easier than recruiting. That's the point I was trying to get at lol

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Yup... the fact Rice and Carlyle who we've prioritized, both have 3 years of eligibility left, says to me that the staff is planning on being here past next year. Maybe that's stating the obvious and/or I'm looking at our prioritization of those two the wrong way... but I'm personally not counting on a coaching change any time soon at this rate. 

Every coach recruits for the future and plans to be at their school until they are fired or retired. I wouldn't think too much about the roster make-up in terms of years remaining. 

10 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Such a struggle. 

Not struggling at all.  I would rather be wrong and win than right and lose.  Not sure what I have to gain by 'I told you so's.  And I can still dislike the way he conducts himself but root for the team.

Did we say that about Hickman? I'm just kidding we weren't the heavy favorite for him. 
I can't believe I'm not the one freaking out and saying things are OK. Until someone matches what we will pay him, we're good
What about North Carolina I assume they have big money also.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

A three day visit and a 1.2M offer on the table (supposedly) is snoozing

Think the point they were making is, not saying "yes" after all that... would be considered snoozing :)

Sure, go take the visits... maybe our offer will still be there, maybe it won't. We gave our best pitch... all you can do

We shall see

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Regardless of how long the staff is here, I want them coaching as if they are going to be here for a while.  I don't want a guy to coach like his primary job is to save his job.  I want a guy coaching to do things because it is best for the long term.

25 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Can't believe that $1.2 million offer was still good after he left campus. Take it or leave it, we got others. 

29 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

True.

But I also wouldn’t blame us for signing Williams or Payne while Ballo takes his other visits.

Agree with you both. If they happen to sign while Ballo takes his time, fine by me. I just want as much talent as possible on this team for next year. They can figure out rotations once the seasons starts. 

Kind of reminded me when we bought our new home. They didn't want to respond to any offers until a certain date. We gave them an offer that expired two days later. Take it or leave it. We got the home in the end lol. 

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

What about North Carolina I assume they have big money also.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

They do.  They also are involved with multiple bigs, Omuryi and Wolf being two of them.