Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Does anyone know if Elijah Malone is in Bloomington for the day? Or is he leaving tomorrow morning? Are we at the point where we should be on Malone AND Essegian commitment video watch?

38 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

What makes you say it isn't happening?

Some 12 year olds in the trilly discord chat said so and let me tell ya. Those guys in there overreact to everything and their opinion on stuff changes every 5 minutes

Let's try not to comment about players' bar habits. I know they have heightened responsibilities over regular students but still if someone examined my habits junior and senior year they would have shipped my @$$ to rehab with how much time i was spending at Roy's lol 

Re: Conwell, Tyme seems to think its Xavier

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Is this about transfers in the portal with IU interest are a thread about NGW/Tyme? Man he lives in your heads.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

It's about NGW/Tyme in between commitment announcements.  How else are we supposed to pass the time?  

1 hour ago, IUrocker said:

I wonder at this point if @ISP has any new info on top of good feelings he had yesterday.

Just reached out to another CE contact that I rarely go to…nothing new from the trip, but reaffirmed the one reason I said that if he doesn’t commit it’s due to depth at guard.. 

IMG_3930.jpeg

2 minutes ago, ISP said:

reaffirmed the one reason I said that if he doesn’t commit it’s due to depth at guard.

He’s basically walking into the same situation he left. Unless he wants to ride the pine and try and play bigger mins his senior year, it is a tough sell, imo. Otherwise, the people that I know who know him say IU would be his top choice just generally.  

But I’m sure his parents or aau coaches or whatever can help him do the math on minutes, which are basically zero this year barring an injury or something. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He’s basically walking into the same situation he left. Unless he wants to ride the pine and try and play bigger mins his senior year, it is a tough sell, imo. Otherwise, the people that I know who know him say IU would be his top choice just generally.  

But I’m sure his parents or aau coaches or whatever can help him do the math on minutes, which are basically zero this year barring an injury or something. 

If he goes to anyone P5, he will be walking in the situation he left.  Unless he goes to DePaul.

3 minutes ago, ISP said:

Just reached out to another CE contact that I rarely go to…nothing new from the trip, but reaffirmed the one reason I said that if he doesn’t commit it’s due to depth at guard.. 

IMG_3930.jpeg

That sounds perfectly correct. If Carlyle’s in fact coming Essegian becomes your 7th scholarship guard. As a niche guy, and if you’re gonna have a niche skill he’s got the best one, what’s his best case scenario, maybe 12 mins? And within his range of outcomes there’s a perfectly reasonable one where he barely plays. I’m not sure I see the appeal for him in comparison to I’m sure more certain opportunities.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

If he goes to anyone P5, he will be walking in the situation he left.  Unless he goes to DePaul.

Not at all. He’d have played more mins for us last year than he did at UW. If for whatever reason Carlyle or somebody doesn’t come here and Galloway starts again he’d play consistent rotation minutes. 

Very few teams have the guard depth UW had last year or what IU will have next year if Carlyle commits.