Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, IUc2016 said:

Still think we see one more transfer if we get two additional guards. Cupps would have a lot of guys in front of him...

I like Trey as the backup point anyway, just my opinion though

I know this is the way of things now but I really hate not getting to see a player grow and get to know them anymore.  I hope Gabe sticks around.

Short time lurker, first time poster.

With all of the guard focus in the portal, especially if we land both Carlyle and Hickman, is there any real chance that Mgbako sees a majority of his minutes at the 4? If not, the minutes at the guard spots will be incredibly limited with Rice/Carlyle/Hickman/Gallo.

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

No but it sounds like he is visiting other places next week Vandy, Ohio St and Xavier.  I’m guessing that is from Trilly 

I see it as if Conwell visits before Carlyle he’ll take his spot, but that’s just my guess. I think the Carlyle visit was strategically put where it was. Just a hunch 

7 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

With all of the guard focus in the portal, especially if we land both Carlyle and Hickman, is there any real chance that Mgbako sees a majority of his minutes at the 4? If not, the minutes at the guard spots will be incredibly limited with Rice/Carlyle/Hickman/Gallo.

Hey welcome! Glad to have you aboard -- dive on in.

22 minutes ago, Jam said:

Really puzzled why we couldn’t get a visit from Conwell. Not buying that the backcourt budget was spent. He knew of our interest before his season was over. He could’ve shown interest and visited before Hickman. Also curious about Humrichous. Know he wants to work out for NBA but our roster could be full before that.

Of all the guards we are looking at, he was the last to go into the portal.  If you are getting solid talent that are leaning your way, I'm not sure you should back off of them to commit more time on someone you are starting more from scratch with.   There's not a need to risk multiple commits because you chose to focus on the bird in the bush.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm hearing that Hickman's NIL offer was much bigger than he expected. The deal is not done yet since he is at Cincy today, but things look good. 

Positive vibes....lets hope more shoes drop today.

Just now, HoosierHoopster said:

I was going to comment here, but then was thrown by the pop up ads -- why am I getting a slew of pop up ads here for "Chair Workouts for Seniors"!!??  and "28 Day Chair Yoga!??" Good Lord, lol

I only get pop up ads if I am on my phone or tablet. No ads when I am on my iMac

29 minutes ago, Jam said:

Really puzzled why we couldn’t get a visit from Conwell. Not buying that the backcourt budget was spent. He knew of our interest before his season was over. He could’ve shown interest and visited before Hickman. Also curious about Humrichous. Know he wants to work out for NBA but our roster could be full before that.

I think some of the backcourt budget was spent on the frontcourt. When you add up Ballo, Reneau, and Mgbako you have spent quite a lot. 

19 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

Whether we do it or not, is up to your opinion on Woody (And this isn’t the thread for that). But we’d have to play small to get another starter quality guard off the bench (ie land 2/3 of conwell, hickman, carlyle) any decent min. 

40min a game x 5 starters = 200 total min. 

if your starters all avg 28 mpg your at 140 minutes leaving 60 for the bench. Galloway played 33mpg last year, but let’s say he’s a team player and does 20mpg off the bench this year. 

40mpg left. Your 5star frosh Tucker + table scraps for Cupps/Leal/backup big is probably at least 20mpg. 

20mpg left. That’s the max you can offer a 2nd portal guard and that’s if you stagger Ballo/Reneau perfectly and play 4out or mbako at the 4 half the time.  

There’s no way to play big all game and get 2 more guards the mins they want.