Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He has to win a game against a real team before I even get off my couch to turn on the oven.

Also, I think we are going to land some of these dudes for sure, but don't you think we should land at least one before we start saying how great we are doing in the portal?

Nope. Someone mentioned burning my hand as a child on the stove. Happened like 5 times it’s just who I am. King Woody!

36 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Shaping up like everyone in here going to have to eat crow about Woodson

Please elaborate...what exactly is 'shaping up' (or has 'shaped up')? We have 1 new recruit so far...we still need half of a team.

Not only do we need to actually sign several more players, on-court success would also have to improve dramatically before any crow would be eaten.

Staff gonna let Ballo leave campus without a commitment? Is he going to get the Ware treatment?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

The free throw shooting will drive us bonkers, but the offensive rebounding is something I’ve begged for.

I’m not totally sure where the shooting is coming from yet. Rice is iffy. As is Carlyle. MM should be able to fill it up, but the shooting is going to haunt me till the end.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Adillac said:

Rice shot 27% from 3pt last year and avg 3.8 assists vs 2.6 TO....so that's actually worse than a healthy Xavier Johnson. We would be better off letting Gallo be point and getting in some actual shooters rather than a so-so point who can't shoot very well. IMO. 

He was a Freshman, I would expect his numbers would increase his sophomore year.  I could see his assists go up to at least 4 and his turnovers decrease to 2 while shooting at least 32% or higher from 3.  Would those numbers be satisfactory for a sophomore point guard?  I’m not say this is going to happen but most freshman players improve some during their sophomore year.

I could see us landing Rice, Carlyle, Hickman and either Ballo/Payne.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The free throw shooting will drive us bonkers, but the offensive rebounding is something I’ve begged for.

I’m not totally sure where the shooting is coming from yet. Rice is iffy. As is Carlyle. MM should be able to fill it up, but the shooting is going to haunt me till the end.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

A line-up of Rice, Carlyle, Mbako, Reneau and Ballo would be 4 in 1 out. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

@realTomCrean told me that Rice plays PG and passes like Magic, shoots it like Steph, and plays defense like Gary Payton. I just put in for my final four tickets. I'm fixing a special BBq sauce for my crow, going to wash it down with some red wine, and just made a tee time for the weekend. Also just dug out my We're Back t-shirt and wearing it the rest of the night.

will Wilson be joining you for the red wine?  Or is he a beer guy only?  Will woody be joining your tee time?

14 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

That was my inital thought too. Some responded that he's more than the sum of his stats. Was Pac12 Freshman of the year, so there is that. 

We are handing out hundreds of thousands of dollars to players and I'd just hope we would try for someone who shoots better than 27% from 3pt, seeing as how we were essentially the worst 3pt shooting team in the country last year. But then again, Woody is our coach so it shouldn't be surprising. 

4 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

I think you've touched a nerve......emoji12.png .

Do it again.....please.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

More like struck a massive eyebrow raise and inquires of what in the actual hell he was talking about. There's no crow in the vicinity that need be eaten at this point.

Just now, Adillac said:

We are handing out hundreds of thousands of dollars to players and I'd just hope we would try for someone who shoots better than 27% from 3pt, seeing as how we were essentially the worst 3pt shooting team in the country last year. But then again, Woody is our coach so it shouldn't be surprising. 

maybe woody uses his magic and beats par on the green more than 27% of the time

5 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

He was a Freshman, I would expect his numbers would increase his sophomore year.  I could see his assists go up to at least 4 and his turnovers decrease to 2 while shooting at least 32% or higher from 3.  Would those numbers be satisfactory for a sophomore point guard?  I’m not say this is going to happen but most freshman players improve some during their sophomore year.

I could see us landing Rice, Carlyle, Hickman and either Ballo/Payne.

We're all just speculating, doesn't cost anything. I'm not that excited about Rice & Carlyle, but others seem to be. I will be a little surprised if IU signs 3 incoming guards though. That would be 7 on the roster (3 new, Galloway, Cupps, Newton & Leal.) Could be a good thing though, depending who they are. 

Ballo is definitely a presence....but man his game is ugly and that FT shooting will give me an ulcer.