Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

22 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Warning: the first highlight in this video shows him scoring after taking at least seven steps before putting the ball on the floor. lol

Sounds like a good fit at Purdue….

42 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

How would we feel about this portal haul:

-Amari Williams

-Hickman or Humrichous

-2/3 of Perkins, Carlyle, Rice

Could sign Blazi as well and that put you at 12 scholarships with 1 remaining. 

You think mediocre mike could pull that off?  No freaking way.  Not many teams, if any, get that many top players from the portal in a single year.  

19 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Carlyle and Williams are visiting during the Little 500.

Talking about a selling tool! Place will be a rockin!  It would be cool if Hickman would visit then too.

Just now, Golfman25 said:

You think mediocre mike could pull that off?  No freaking way.  Not many teams, if any, get that many top players from the portal in a single year.  

Might not get 2/3 of Perkins/Carlyle/Rice but yeah I think it's absolutely plausible we get some combination of Williams, Hickman or Humrichous, and then Perkins, Carlyle, or Rice. 

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I find it somewhat telling that Louisville fired its head coach (Kenny Payne) and they have THREE portal commits so far:

C  James Scott
SG Reyne Smith
CG Terrence Edwards, Jr.

Woodson was not fired, needs SIX players and has ZERO commits from the portal.

The first two followed Pat Kelsey from CofC and the third is testing the NBA waters.

56 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Warning: the first highlight in this video shows him scoring after taking at least seven steps before putting the ball on the floor. lol

The guys passing ability in that video is pretty darn good!

That would be three more guards when we already have five on the roster right now. I guess six if you count MM as a wing. There would certainly have to be several guys who would have to sit who I am guessing are expecting to play as of now.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Initial rumor was he was likely headed to St. John’s but haven’t heard much after that

He’s a guy we should go after too but probably isn’t interested in us.  I do like Williams though 

7 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

That would be three more guards when we already have five on the roster right now. I guess six if you count MM as a wing. There would certainly have to be several guys who would have to sit who I am guessing are expecting to play as of now.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

There’s 1, maybe 2 guards on the roster capable of playing 30 mpg next year. MM will get his share of minutes at the 4 as well. 

4 hours ago, str8baller said:

I’d love to have Conwell. I think he’d fit in nicely at the B1G level.  He’s about everything we need out of a guard other than a pure pg/dynamic ballhandler type.   

I would like him more than someone like Johnell Davis won in not as high on. 

Conwell needs to show he can play the pg position more, to improve his nba prospects. Whatever it takes to get him, we need to do it. 

6 hours ago, SamIam said:

Just do whatever you have to do to get Conwell and Rice. Get a shooter and a rim protector off the bench. If we do that, I will be excited for next year. 

It’s hard for me to get excited with CMW coming back.  My top three are Hickman, Conwell, and Humrichous but at the end of the day it’s still the same staff.

The same staff that didn’t really know what they had in Miller Kopp.  Or guys that went elsewhere and fared better like Franklin at UVA or Bates at Georgia.

Don’t get me wrong, those three I like plus others being talked about are really good players but I think we need bigger fish just because of the ineptitude of this staff.  
I think we would need someone like a Caleb Love or a Hunter Dickinson.  I don’t know if guys like that are in the portal.  Bronny isn’t coming here.  I don’t know why any quality wing would look at us over other schools if they are looking at our offense and want to win and develop.  I hope CMW and company didn’t really think bags of cash would guarantee anything.

2 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

I think I like Amari Williams the most of the bigs we've been connected to... Pay whatever it takes to sign him up! Nice video... good boards and block numbers. Looks like he could play with Malik IMO... hope staff gets it done. Getting him on campus is very good.

You ok with giving him 700K? That’s the asking price. Him, MR, MM all together in the starting lineup 

Just now, Chris007 said:

You ok with giving him 700K? That’s the asking price. Him, MR, MM all together in the starting lineup 

Since I don't think Woodson is going to change his offensive system much (at all?), yeah I'm okay with paying him 700k because I think we'll pay some big guy roughly that much money. Williams looks to fit the role well... as much as I don't care for the role (as designed) in the first place. With the caveat that this assumes we've got sufficient money to bring in 2 starting quality backcourt players too. 

4 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

It’s hard for me to get excited with CMW coming back.  My top three are Hickman, Conwell, and Humrichous but at the end of the day it’s still the same staff.

The same staff that didn’t really know what they had in Miller Kopp.  Or guys that went elsewhere and fared better like Franklin at UVA or Bates at Georgia.

Don’t get me wrong, those three I like plus others being talked about are really good players but I think we need bigger fish just because of the ineptitude of this staff.  
I think we would need someone like a Caleb Love or a Hunter Dickinson.  I don’t know if guys like that are in the portal.  Bronny isn’t coming here.  I don’t know why any quality wing would look at us over other schools if they are looking at our offense and want to win and develop.  I hope CMW and company didn’t really think bags of cash would guarantee anything.

I agree but I don't think you can blame this staff for Franklin. He never played for Woodson. 

There's also no reason to believe they'll put together a more well rounded group than last year or that we won't keep seeing the same things we've seen the last 3 years.