Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Shows you can go land a top tier guy if the situation is right and you want to bad enough. Seems like a big F you to UK fans going to a hated conference rival.

While this rings of a big F U to pUKe fans, I don't believe that this situation shows that any school can go and land a top tier guy. Cal and at least one of the Tyson sons have been friends for some time and I believe this may have been orchestrated by the Tyson family, since Musselman jumped ship. 

Super jealous of UK right now. Reading through their posts gets me oddly excited for them, mostly because they throw around the same names we do.

I think they get either Billy Donovan or Oats. 

No way they end up settling on a reach. Who really knows though. We'll probably find out very soon. 

5 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Super jealous of UK right now. Reading through their posts gets me oddly excited for them, mostly because they throw around the same names we do.

I think they get either Billy Donovan or Oats. 

No way they end up settling on a reach. Who really knows though. We'll probably find out very soon. 

Weren’t we close on getting Donovan, but he wanted wait after the NBA Playoffs back in 2017?

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Weren’t we close on getting Donovan, but he wanted wait after the NBA Playoffs back in 2017?

Not sure that ever actually happened, though I definitely was there for the ride. 

Going from that possibility to Archie was a bit of a pill to swallow. Then 4 years later the IU administration outdid themselves yet again. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Talking out loud..  why did Musselman going to USC make sense at all? 

Arkansas is literally a better job. 

Not sure he wasn't pushed out at Ark. 

Some guys are just coaching nomads.  In his 35 years of coaching this will be his 15th different organization.  Been a head coach and/or assistant in the CBA, USBL, NBA, and college ranks.

8 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I’m worried Kentucky hires Oats. They obviously don’t care about spending Money and whichever big name coach who takes job will have all kinds of talent to pick from and add to. 

They're likely targeting Drew first

Maybe it’s my FOMO here but this feels like a bad situation for IU. This will set off a chain reaction of coaching changes that will negatively impact the quality of coach we will be able to get, if we do indeed make a move after next season. Basically all candidates we would have had easier access to  will have new jobs with much higher buyouts. Feels like college basketball is rapidly evolving into something that we will have no part in. 

Maybe it’s my FOMO here but this feels like a bad situation for IU. This will set off a chain reaction of coaching changes that will negatively impact the quality of coach we will be able to get, if we do indeed make a move after next season. Basically all candidates we would have had easier access to  will have new jobs with much higher buyouts. Feels like college basketball is rapidly evolving into something that we will have no part in. 

Bruce Pearl and Brad Stevens will still be available haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk