Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB vs Michigan St - Sunday, 03.10.24 @ 4:30 on CBS

3 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

For everyone at the beginning of the season that argued metrics don’t matter. We have the same record as MSU but they’re considered a lock and we have to run the table. I would also argue that Woodson’s desire to have a full 2nd unit in the first half of the season was a result of this.

A4052A95-729A-466A-A156-3AD191473649.jpeg

And on the flip side… losing 5 games by 15+ doesn’t help 

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

And on the flip side… losing 5 games by 15+ doesn’t help 

Agreed. I wanted to point out how a win is just not a win. Point differential matters. You have to beat bad teams soundly. 

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

MSU's point differential is 232, ours is -41. MSU's worst loss is 15, we have four losses over 20 albeit to 4 of our 5 toughest games. If we didn't drag ourselves vs the home non-con schedule and won one of the big games, maybe we'd sniff the bubble. Besides whooping Baylor and a home win vs Illinois, their results are pretty meh. The matrix has them at a 9 seed before today's game. With this loss and maybe a 1st game exit from the BTT and they could be in the bubble in spite of the high NET.

4 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

MSU's point differential is 232, ours is -41. MSU's worst loss is 15, we have four losses over 20 albeit to 4 of our 5 toughest games. If we didn't drag ourselves vs the home non-con schedule and won one of the big games, maybe we'd sniff the bubble. Besides whooping Baylor and a home win vs Illinois, their results are pretty meh. The matrix has them at a 9 seed before today's game. With this loss and maybe a 1st game exit from the BTT and they could be in the bubble in spite of the high NET.

I think we all understand why the NCAA likes Michigan states resume better.  But the degree to which the committee ranks them over IU is preposterous, IMO.   The SOS is pretty similar, quads are very similar.  The pendulum has swung way too much toward metrics.

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Did they ever say what the injury was to Trey?  I heard a knee but watching him on the bench it didn’t look terribly bad

From what I could see from the top of the mountain, he had ice on his knee.

The fans were eating up the true fans rhetoric that was very prevalent for the senior speeches. I told my daughter that is simply a psychological tact of us versus them and simply is trying to show people that if you do not support Woodson then you are not a true fan. Pathetic.
Yes it isn't right. If they were smart which they sure don't seem to be they would have united. I would have said I know some fans aren't happy but we aren't either and we're not don't working to get better! We will be back next season to get what we all want! Imo that might have been better

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, mamasa said:

The fans were eating up the true fans rhetoric that was very prevalent for the senior speeches. I told my daughter that is simply a psychological tact of us versus them and simply is trying to show people that if you do not support Woodson then you are not a true fan. Pathetic.

Woodson with his quote made the day about him to me not a good look when celebrating your seniors.