Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

58 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

Speaking of different handles,I may need one.My all time favorite player but wow!I wish we hadn't hired Woody because he's a year younger than me and believe me the energy level just ain't there.When I was a younger man I hustled like hell but I'm lazy as f@#k now and most guys I know my age are also.I just never saw the logic in the hire but hoped for the best.

I'm dead serious about the name change if it's possible.What do I need to do?

I sent you a PM, and there is a way we can change it, I will walk you through it. 

I get all this but talk about beating a dead horse. The horse is dead. We all knew -- should have known -- the U would not kick Woodson to the curb after 3 years and 2 tourney appearances -- despite that at this point it really looks like the U should have.

And Liam has decommitted -- though he probably would have also if Woodson had been fired (why would he sit around waiting to see who IU hired and how he fit in etc.?) 

I'm pretty bummed about losing Liam, heck of a player and a good kid. But that's where we are, right, the U didn't fire Woodson. That's done. Put a fork in it.

1 hour ago, codesbane said:

I also talked about the potential lack of interest from power conference coaches if it appears we fired him on a whim.

You asked what your logical fallacy was earlier. This is it.  

As far as doing our homework, there’s none to do. You and I aren’t making the hire. No work needs to be done. Dolson knows and is capable, or he isn’t and needs fired himself. None of that requires any additional time, let alone another full year. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I get all this but talk about beating a dead horse. The horse is dead. We all knew -- should have known -- the U would not kick Sampson to the curb after 3 years and 2 tourney appearances -- despite that at this point it really looks like the U should have.

And Liam has decommitted -- though he probably would have also if Sampson had been fired (why would he sit around waiting to see who IU hired and how he fit in etc.?) 

I'm pretty bummed about losing Liam, heck of a player and a good kid. But that's where we are, right, the U didn't fire Sampson. That's done. Put a fork in it.

it is a dead horse, but step back and take a couple deep breaths or a couple days away from the board.  IU did fire Sampson. :)

5 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Dougherty's predecessor Guthridge was there 3 years, granted he retired.

I think he “retired.”  

Rumors at the time were that he was quietly pushed out due to recruiting. He was old and Dean’s buddy, and Dean left him a loaded team. But his teams and recruiting got progressively worse. 

And he didn’t leave much for Doherty. Doherty recruited really well, including the core of Williams first championship team. But missing the tourney twice plus some personality issues (sound familiar?) was the nail in the coffin once they thought they could take another run at Roy.  

And you know what? Lot’s of people thought Doherty got a raw deal, including Micheal Jordan. But 3 championships later and most UNC fans don’t even remember the guy.  That’s life in Big time athletics. 

I’d argue the circumstances around Woody now are worse than what UNC had with Doherty.

It's so surreal right now- I'm on the board probably 75% of my day (in the background, not just focusing on it lol), and read these super in-depth reasonings and arguments on both sides of the IU debacle. Then, when I have to interact with my co-workers, they do not follow sports at all!! I'm stuck in this bi-polar drag of uber fandom, and blissful ignorance lol!

Not sure what more damage could be done ... having Mediocre Mike at the helm has "damage" at an all-time high.
No recruits, no plan, no clue... that's the Woodson Way.
But according to Bob Kravitz mm, mr, and Trey will all be back. I think he just makes stuff up no way all three come back to this dumpster fire

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, mamasa said:

It's so surreal right now- I'm on the board probably 75% of my day (in the background, not just focusing on it lol), and read these super in-depth reasonings and arguments on both sides of the IU debacle. Then, when I have to interact with my co-workers, they do not follow sports at all!! I'm stuck in this bi-polar drag of uber fandom, and blissful ignorance lol!

I’ve also spent way too much time on here the last week. It’s my guilty pleasure…lol.  

As an IU fan the drama of coaching searches is the most entertainment we’ve had from this program in the last two decades. I just lean into it at this point!

5 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Wow, that reads that he would have considered IU if Woodson was sh*tcanned but de-committed after IU announced Woodson was staying.  Also, seem to be many factors involved besides not contacting him.  

Is this a Dane Fife or Dan Dakich burner account? (no, really!)
Dakich is out circling the wagon around Woodson and trashing the fans so yeah its not dakich.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, maxwell said:

it is a dead horse, but step back and take a couple deep breaths or a couple days away from the board.  IU did fire Sampson. :)

That's a typo -- I was saying IU "didn't fire Woodson" -- of course it fired Sampson, lol -- and I don't need a couple days away from the Board, I'm not the one continuously venting in this thread, that was kind of my point.

I'll go back and edit to correct my typo

3 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

The fan base is the only thing this program has going for it right now.  If you want to know what this program looks like without the fan base, look at DePaul.  But hey, DePaul doesn't have to worry about "toxic" fans anymore, lol.  And one thing's for sure, once a fan base leaves, it doesn't come back.

This is is an incredibly important point.