Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosier2014

Positive Thread only

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just returned from another overseas trip last week. It still amazes me that for all our differences in the world humans across the globe are pretty much the same. Sitting down for dinner and drinks with complete strangers to find out you wish for similar things for mankind is a great pleasure. Meeting people who have made it out of poverty and made it their life mission to lend a hand to pull others up is heartwarming.

Splendid message.  We are all people.  Yearning for safe, healthy, productive families and environs.

And then comes the will to power...

Loose fit for the thread, but I think some here will find this entertaining.

The 2008 St. Anthony's team was stacked and had a camera crew following it all year. If you've got 2 mins 30 seconds, this clip from the documentary "The Street Stops Here" shows the practice from the day before the state championship. This would have been the first team Bob Hurley coached to not win a state title over a 4 year period if they lost. 

Here is a clip of Tyshawn Taylor (they messed it up in the title) talking about it years later. Pretty funny how memorable it was for him. He also has some funny observations on Danny Hurley. Bobby Hurley has made comments that RMK reminded him a lot of his dad. 

Splendid message.  We are all people.  Yearning for safe, healthy, productive families and environs.
And then comes the will to power...

Absolutely, it’s amazing to hear people in foreign lands hoping we (the US) figure things out quickly so we can lead the right way. They understand their lives are better when the US is stable and leading. What caught me off guard was the ages and nationalities of the people saying this (young, old, Europeans, South Americans, and Asians)

I continue to be amazed at people learning English through movies, TV (Friends is by far the #1 I’ve heard) and music. Exporting culture through arts and sports is extremely important at maintaining status. If we can get our ducks in a row we have many who want to continue their support

A different perspective on living in the USA vs Guatemala.  Is the chemistry right?  I came to this country with a stutter and not knowing English. Last night I won my 83rd Moth Slam (dailykos.com)

My wife knows English language rules fairly well for a native of Indianapolis.  She is a retired elementary school librarian and now volunteers teaching English Language Learners.  It is funded through the county and the state...via the county technical career center.  We also helped teach those seeking to pass the US Citizenship Exam and interview.  

Could go in the movie thread, but after last night -- we could use some positivity. Don't know if this qualifies, but what the hell ...

Paul Dooley, who we all know as Dave Stohler's dad, is 96 today. Happy Birthday to one of the great fathers in cinematic history. 

REFUND! REFUND! (That also may be the cry of many of last night's attendees in SSAH wanting their money back -- LOL). 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Could go in the movie thread, but after last night -- we could use some positivity. Don't know if this qualifies, but what the hell ...

Paul Dooley, who we all know as Dave Stohler's dad, is 96 today. Happy Birthday to one of the great fathers in cinematic history. 

REFUND! REFUND! (That also may be the cry of many of last night's attendees in SSAH wanting their money back -- LOL). 

and the end where he does the double take on his bike when the kid says "Bonjour Papa!" Lol, this movie is such a classic.

Maybe this goes in the firing thread, but I'm putting it here b/c this what I'm doing if I'm Scotty D to ensure the right thing happens.

Coach - tough season, but let's take a look at the larger picture.

• You united the old and new amongst the fanbase. You made Coach Knight a regular presence around the program before his unfortunate passing.
  • You took us to 2 straight tournaments after a 6 year drought, including a protected seed.
  • You pushed a kid that wasn't on draft boards to a lottery pick in one season, and put TJD in a position to be drafted.
  • You brought Ware in for one season and have him in a position to be a first round pick as well.
  • You've opened up a recruiting line to Monteverde.
  • You swept Purdue in a season everyone expected them to be soundly better than us.
  • You've significantly improved our schedule and have us playing in games against Kansas, Arizona, UConn, and the Kentucky series is back on the books. You've got us playing in a premier non-conference event like the Battle for Atlantis, where we usually only played in the Maui every 5 years or so. You know Indiana is a brand in college hoops that belongs in big time games and events like that, and you made it happen.

We can't thank you enough for the position Mike Woodson has put this program in. When we set out on this journey, we both knew the timeline would be fluid. I think we both know that now is the right time to take the next step as a program, and we're well positioned to do that with the foundation you've built. Here's a check for what we've agreed on. Here's a bottle of the finest Italian Tempernillo Big Red sells. I've already booked your tee time for one hour from now. Enjoy retirement, Coach!

(feel free to add more fluff)

41 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I'm going to Buffalo Wild Wings tonight and it's buy one, get one boneless wing night!

Girlfriend (wife of 46 years) and I are celebrating tonight!  Taxes done.  No IU men's basketball on tap.  Saw our estate planning lawyer tonight and we're good.  Went out for lunch.  Got a walk in just before the rain. 

Not going to BW3 tonight for the boneless.

She likes the other kind.