Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

This is about Woody being petty to a couple of fans who’ve done nothing but support the program. He bullied them out the door over a perceived act of disloyalty, which was nothing more than having Brian Evans come on their podcast and say what several other basketball alumni have been saying for a couple of years. Woody won’t want to say any more about this because he doesn’t understand or care how it makes him look, but others aren’t so willing to ignore it.

"A couple of fans" don't have access to the program like these clowns do, or did at least. Their charade was entirely for self-promotion and they entirely abused their privilege. What's the saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"? 

12 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

"A couple of fans" don't have access to the program like these clowns do, or did at least. Their charade was entirely for self-promotion and they entirely abused their privilege. What's the saying, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"? 

4 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

They didn’t bite anyone’s hand, Brian Evans did. They weren’t critical of Woody, Brian Evans was. Woody is blaming the valet guy who parked his car for the bad dinner, rather than the chef or the waiter. The petty bullying part is what has so many people inside IU shaking their heads. Those guys could’ve been kicked to the curb by an email or a phone call. Instead, he summoned one of them to come to Bloomington from Los Angeles and, with his “boss” present, did it in person. That’s remarkable.

For me the totality of these two posts covers it:

• The Hysterics lost their access and ability to profit from the program? Well and good.
  • They sent them packing with a one hour thrashing by the head coach that can be repeated and discussed on their podcast? Not good.

3 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

They didn’t bite anyone’s hand, Brian Evans did. They weren’t critical of Woody, Brian Evans was. Woody is blaming the valet guy who parked his car for the bad dinner, rather than the chef or the waiter. The petty bullying part is what has so many people inside IU shaking their heads. Those guys could’ve been kicked to the curb by an email or a phone call. Instead, he summoned one of them to come to Bloomington from Los Angeles and, with his “boss” present, did it in person. That’s remarkable.

LOL if you think Brian Evans is the sole reason for this? That's THEIR version of what went down. Those guys, along with Rabby, were some of the most critical "voices" in February last year and openly talked about replacements for Woodson in-season. Eric feed Trilly a bunch of nonsense that proved to be bogus. Why on Earth would Woodson continue to give access to those guys? 

12 minutes ago, KathywithaC said:

It's their show and they chose to make those episodes available. I have also heard from others (I haven't listened to their podcast in a couple of years) that they were also going out of their way rip Woody as well. They have every right to criticize Woody all they want, but don't be surprised by the repercussions when you bite the hand that feeds you. I don't get why people think Woody is doing anything differently than any other coach would do in this scenario.

2 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

LOL if you think Brian Evans is the sole reason for this? That's THEIR version of what went down. Those guys, along with Rabby, were some of the most critical "voices" in February last year and openly talked about replacements for Woodson in-season. Eric feed Trilly a bunch of nonsense that proved to be bogus. Why on Earth would Woodson continue to give access to those guys? 

I didn’t say BE was the sole reason but he was obviously a big part of it, since Woody used his comments on their podcast as the basis for his anger. And instead of taking it up with Brian, he bullies the two guys who spent a good portion of their spare time and money promoting the program. And as I’m sure you know, this isn’t the first time Woody has lashed out at others for allegedly disloyal behavior. There are more than a few whom he’s blamed. With his level of performance over the first three seasons of his tenure, you’d think he’d be focused on more important things. Will be interesting to see if more comes out, as there certainly are some rumors about how some aspects of the program are being run.

7 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

It's their show and they chose to make those episodes available. I have also heard from others (I haven't listened to their podcast in a couple of years) that they were also going out of their way rip Woody as well. They have every right to criticize Woody all they want, but don't be surprised by the repercussions when you bite the hand that feeds you. I don't get why people think Woody is doing anything differently than any other coach would do in this scenario.

Thank God I’m not the only person with common sense.

7 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Woody’s issue is with Brian Evans and the other basketball alums who have criticized him, he just chose to take it out on these guys. Their style is way too over the top for me, but they love the program. Maybe they just aren’t “true fans”.

Just now, KathywithaC said:

I didn’t say BE was the sole reason but he was obviously a big part of it, since Woody used his comments on their podcast as the basis for his anger. And instead of taking it up with Brian, he bullies the two guys who spent a good portion of their spare time and money promoting the program. And as I’m sure you know, this isn’t the first time Woody has lashed out at others for allegedly disloyal behavior. There are more than a few whom he’s blamed. With his level of performance over the first three seasons of his tenure, you’d think he’d be focused on more important things. Will be interesting to see if more comes out, as there certainly are some rumors about how some aspects of the program are being run.

I think you'll be surprised when you realize how many people he has alienated and run off from all things IU not just the basketball program.   I know of at least a few who won’t have anything to do with the University until he's gone.  I can tell you Moren and the women's team despise him.  Many fans have checked out.  This only ends one way.  Everyone was warned a few months ago.

13 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is all so sad to me.  All everyone wants is a program that wins and they can be proud of.  We've goofed it up so much over the years but we are persistent.  I love the team we've assembled for this season.  I mean, I clearly question what Woody will do with them, but the talent is very impressive.

The Senior night speech.  The burners attacking people on twitter maliciously including weird stuff about politics.  The us vs them mantra ("true fan") stuff just doesn't feel right at all.  I want to root for the entire program but some of these actions are a big turn off.  I will always root for the Hoosiers to win and will probably always be a diehard, but.....

And the missed opportunity to get Dusty May, who could have been a 20 year coach and with our NIL budget a big, big success.

But I do think that this year is going to be a very good one on the court.

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I think you'll be surprised when you realize how many people he has alienated and run off from all things IU not just the basketball program.   I know of at least a few who won’t have anything to do with the University until he's gone.  I can tell you Moren and the women's team despise him.  Many fans have checked out.  This only ends one way.  Everyone was warned a few months ago.

No, I won’t be a bit surprised. I remember the bad blood that existed between a former revenue sport coach at IU and almost all of the other coaches on campus, men and women. A few of them were none too shy about what they thought, and you’re hearing a similar tune about MW. In a relatively small community, people talk.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Woodson is an arrogant, egotistical, self-righteous POS. If he thinks last season was a "great season", that tells me all I need to know about this turd. Creating another rift in the fan base because Woodson got his feeling hurt (or in some other way feels slighted), is signing his own death warrant. Real fans know the difference... and shame on Dolson for keeping quiet about it all.

So you expect a coach to provide program access to a couple of podcasters who are openly saying he should be fired? Whatever you think of him, no other coach on the planet would do this. Most coaches probably wouldn't have given those guys the access to begin with. This is really not that complicated or surprising.  These guys f'ed up the good thing they had going. Any major college program would've reacted as Woody. I don't care about Woody's arrogance. A "booster" who tries to get the coach canned will never have access to that coach again. It's really pretty simple. 

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

So you expect a coach to provide program access to a couple of podcasters who are openly saying he should be fired? Whatever you think of him, no other coach on the planet would do this. Most coaches probably wouldn't have given those guys the access to begin with. This is really not that complicated or surprising.  These guys f'ed up the good thing they had going. Any major college program would've reacted as Woody. I don't care about Woody's arrogance. A "booster" who tries to get the coach canned will never have access to that coach again. It's really pretty simple. 

Is it true that they openly called for him to be fired? Presumably this occurred on their podcast, so would like to hear what they said. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

People have said this about every coach we've talked about on these forums. Sounds like I agree with one thing here. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Everybody wants their guy and if they don't get him, they complain about it. Boring stuff if you ask me. If he wins, who gives a **** who likes him or who doesn't. I don't think there's much more than that. And Woody will get fired just like the guys before and the guys after him if he doesn't.