Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

4 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

Too much drama and too many announcements during a win streak. I don't expect to hear a word if Woodson is really back next year. Crickets. I think the next word out of Dolson's mouth to the public in person will be his announcement of a new coach. Whether that happens I think is still up the in air. That first announcement was only to deflect social media thoughts, forum thoughts. My friend that follows IU, is an IU grad like myself but does no social media nor forums ... doesn't even know there is a firestorm in the basketball program.

So .. Woodson officially stays, then NOT ONE WORD from Dolson. New coach ... Dolson speaks.

Which leads you to ask yourself “if Dolson isn’t quoted, why?”

1 hour ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

It isn’t an age thing, it is giving a ****. For all that is made of the fact that we can’t fire Woody after 3 years because he is an IU guy, how unforgivable is it that he does not want to do the things that are necessary to succeed? This job should matter more to him, because he is an IU guy. That is such a slap in the face to all of us ToXiC fans.

Say what you will about Dusty May, I guarantee that guy would put every ounce of his being into making Indiana basketball successful again.

Either not capable or semi retired anyway so doesn't give a darn. So instead of fixing the problem IU doubles down. The last 20+ years are because IU leadership is a complete circus.

Give added NIL and GM type role to a good coach and see what happens. No, let's do that for a crappy coach so we don't have to fire a guy that played here over 40 years ago.

15 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

No, there are tons of examples guys. A lot considering this is a new thing that keeps changing and small sample size.

Last year, KSU had 12 of them. UConn’s was loaded with transfers. SD St 4 of 5 top scorers were transfers. Texas and Xavier was 4/5 main starters. Maimi 3/5.  

Irony is majorly of teams who live at top 15 level, are made up of transfers. 

Here is example at Texas Tech when they brought in 9 and when to sweet 16. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/texas-tech-transfer-portal-sweet-16/itde2lojxnpfebsjtcuaxny7

Those transfers are over how many years?  2-3.  Not many examples of success with that many transfers in a single year.  Last year only a handful of the top programs got 2-3 of the top 50 transfers.  There is zero chance Woodson pulls this off.  

8 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Either not capable or semi retired anyway so doesn't give a darn. So instead of fixing the problem IU doubles down. The last 20+ years are because IU leadership is a complete circus.

Give added NIL and GM type role to a good coach and see what happens. No, let's do that for a crappy coach so we don't have to fire a guy that played here over 40 years ago.

It doesn’t make any sense to me either. We were given chickenshit and we were told that it is chicken salad. We took a big bite, realized it was chickenshit, and instead of spitting it out we ordered some more.

4 minutes ago, J34 said:

Hmm!?

Screenshot_20240310_112617_Mighty.jpg

Woodson is staying because that's the best we can get?

jk

More likely, he means a player is planning to stay. MR or MM, probably.

18 minutes ago, iubhounds2 said:

My old memory cells keep whispering to me that RMK really did attempt at recruiting him. Fill in the blanks for me. 

Boy, I can't say that I remember hearing that.  But then again, we had very little knowledge of recruiting outside the state (Street and Smiths or Sporting News).

During that time there were a few HS to the NBA guys like Dawkins, Moses Malone, Bill Willouby).  From what I observed, those guys would have been big academic challenges.

Just now, go iu bb said:

Woodson is staying because that's the best we can get?

jk

More likely, he means a player is planning to stay. MR or MM, probably.

Yeah. Trey and either Malik or MM

1 hour ago, Cd71 said:

This is exactly how I feel.  I love watching HS basketball and I love it even more when we are recruiting certain Indiana kids I can go watch.  Now I don’t care if we get all Indiana kids, I’m not that guy, but the kids we recruit and then come here seem to be more of a family member than a rented kid for one year.  Maybe I’m old also and am just set in my ways but damn, cmon.  Just like TG, love that guy, been watching him since he was in HS.  I am also not against bringing in a few portal kids to help the team, but this is ridiculous.

IMO this new model only works if several key players stay on board and the portal is a grand slam with starter level players who have 2/3 years of eligibility left.  Tall task year in and year out.

1 minute ago, TadQueasy said:

What in the world does this mean

Wondering the same thing. Keeping EVERYONE, and adding good/great portal guys, is his only hope.

2 minutes ago, J34 said:

Wondering the same thing. Keeping EVERYONE, and adding good/great portal guys, is his only hope.

Probably means a player has decided to stay or is getting a big bonus to stay, but he's going to need way more than one IMO.

9 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

What in the world does this mean

It means "you'll get nothing and like it, Spaulding!"  lol

Or it's just Trilly trying to get back some of the clicks he was getting before "the announcement".