Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Sadly, and somewhat hilariously, I can envision someone telling Woodson he needed to be there due to the online reaction to his absence earlier in the week. 
That's what it looks like for sure.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

That's the argument Rabjohn's was saying today. It's a poor way to build a program. It's like an NFL team. You build through the draft and supplement where you have needs. I think in college basketball you recruit, develop, and at the end of the season find glaring needs. Unfortunately this program needs just about everything. 

I agree completely. 
However, if you are trying to save your job,  cutting corners becomes a necessity 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t feel good about him being there…  At all. If Dolson planned to fire him in a few weeks, why bother telling him to show up to high school games? 

Optics? It looks to me like he's doing the bare minimum. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I don’t feel good about him being there…  At all. If Dolson planned to fire him in a few weeks, why bother telling him to show up to high school games? 

Optics, for one. The program has to continue the commitment to recruiting the recruits. It's already a bad look to be visibly out-recruited. It's even worse to continue the look over time. Secondly, no matter who might take over next season you can't leave the program with an entirely dried up recruiting trail. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

If Dolson wants to go to donors for another buyout already then he likely needs a splash hire lined up, and if any talks with coaches are going on it's through intermediaries right now. So yeah the plan right now is likely year 4 unless he can hook a big fish, in which case Woodson and staff had better be out recruiting.

Just my guess on how things are at the moment. The way IUBB has been run the last 20 years they could be working on an extension.

3 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Optics, for one. The program has to continue the commitment to recruiting the recruits. It's already a bad look to be visibly out-recruited. It's even worse to continue the look over time. Secondly, no matter who might take over next season you can't leave the program with an entirely dried up recruiting trail. 

Woodson has already taken care of that. IU's current "recruiting" plan is portal, portal, portal...

6 hours ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Will be working a fish fry in a couple of hours. Our fryer tent usually has a cooler of beer.

we talk about having “beer battered fish”, but usually the cooks end up more beer battered than the filets do.

Is this fish fry anywhere near the southside of Indy?

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

From a friend who still works at IU over an email group about IU athletics ... 

This could have been a guy reading this thread and summarizing it.

Pretty much verbatim the tone of this conversation.

Doesn’t move the needle, imo.

6 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

My uncles had retrievers and pointers. I used to go to Field trials with them when I was kid. I enjoyed it

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

We run dachshunds on rabbits 

Yep.

1. Show up.
  2. Pose for the photo.
  3. Hit the car and the cigar.
Then it's back to portal portal portal. That's how we role we don't need no stinking three star indiana hs players.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

If Dolson wants to go to donors for another buyout already then he likely needs a splash hire lined up, and if any talks with coaches are going on it's through intermediaries right now. So yeah the plan right now is likely year 4 unless he can hook a big fish, in which case Woodson and staff had better be out recruiting.
Just my guess on how things are at the moment. The way IUBB has been run the last 20 years they could be working on an extension.
Year 4 with no foundation or future vision. Just a team filled with portal players. Exciting times

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

This could have been a guy reading this thread and summarizing it.

Pretty much verbatim the tone of this conversation.

Doesn’t move the needle, imo.

Not trying to move anything... just reporting what I hear... same story from a difference source is simply corroboration...

8 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Alright boys calling my shot here on March 1st.

We will go 1-2 to finish the season.

Woodson will either retire or “mutually part ways” on March 14th 4 days after our last game. 

Auburn will lose in the Sweet 16, Pearl will be announced mid week after they lose that he is coming to IU.

He will come in and he will Land Mullins and Haralson, but miss on Sisley (Due to Woodson and Purdue being too far deep in there)

Indiana will finish top 3 in the Big Ten next year.

Making my prediction and sticking to it!! 

I could see that happening.  But also have a fear that the parting of ways could get ugly.

20 minutes ago, HoosierKix said:

Alright boys calling my shot here on March 1st.

We will go 1-2 to finish the season.

Woodson will either retire or “mutually part ways” on March 14th 4 days after our last game. 

Auburn will lose in the Sweet 16, Pearl will be announced mid week after they lose that he is coming to IU.

He will come in and he will Land Mullins and Haralson, but miss on Sisley (Due to Woodson and Purdue being too far deep in there)

Indiana will finish top 3 in the Big Ten next year.

Making my prediction and sticking to it!! 

That’s really calling your shot