Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

50 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Yeagley, Chris where the hell are our rumors 

There’s not going to be any. Indiana University is stuck with Mike Woodson. 

Even Cornhuskers coach Fred Hoiberg, like Woodson a former NBA coach, called Indiana's front line of Kel'el Ware, Malik Reneau and Mackenzie Mgbako ''one of the best in the league,.''

Hoiberg’s throwing his hat into the ring.

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m pretty sure you and I have forgotten more about basketball than most of the trustees will ever know. Even Quinn doesn’t watch college basketball. The only argument at this point they have is we always give IU coaches four years.

The trustees definitely do not.  Some of the stories I heard from people in Evansville about Shoulders would make your head spin.  He's obviously gone now but it was almost like he considered it his life's mission to keep the men's basketball team down.  No one bigger than the program.   Revenge of the nerds.  All phrases I've heard used over the years.

I think you are correct. I think it’s not just Scott but a lot of people in the athletic department that want to move on. 

I think Scott would like to wrap Dusty up but it’s a hard sell to Quinn and Boosters. 
It's amazing the boosters want to throw all this money at a crappy coach. Do they not understand basketball or are they just interested in having cigar and wine nights? You would think they would want to win but maybe not I guess.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

It's amazing the boosters want to throw all this money at a crappy coach. Do they not understand basketball or are they just interested in having cigar and wine nights? You would think they would want to win but maybe not I guess.

Probably a tax write-off for them.  When you have stupid money, you can do stupid things!

1 hour ago, hper50 said:

Nebraska with 51 pts at half vs. Illinois. Our narcissist coach will now say “see, the Cornshuckers are just hot, there’s nothing wrong with Mike Woodson.”

That was my absolute first thought when I saw the score. Seriously, in Woodson's mind, it says "It ain't me". Yeah, Mike, it IS you.

8 minutes ago, hper50 said:

I love that a guy who built the FAU program from scratch and took them to a FINAL FOUR is a hard sell to the BoT, but a dude with zero CBB experience was coveted for what sounds like several years. I'd say it's unbelievable, but this level of dysfunction is sadly what I expect these days.

May isn't their friend, Woodson is. Buckner wanted his friend to have the job when Miller was hired, him/Woodson got their feelings hurt, now he's making sure his friend is taken care of. Pure nepotism.

28 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Regardless of Woodson, how can a program that’s been as mediocre as IU pass up a former manager who is the shiniest star up and comer

I really think it comes down to NBA arrogance.  In the minds of Woodson, Buckner, Thomas, and the Simons the NBA is superior to college basketball.  So, an NBA coach should have no problems coaching college basketball.  The problem with that thinking is the needed skillset for a college coach differs from that of an NBA coach and they're just too egotistical to admit it. 

May isn't their friend, Woodson is. Buckner wanted his friend to have the job when Miller was hired, him/Woodson got their feelings hurt, now he's making sure his friend is taken care of. Pure nepotism.
No wonder they made firing archie seem pretty simple. The plan all along was to get Woodson in here.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Woody is the life long politician in Washington and Dusty is the small business guy that wants to get in and try to change things.  Oh Hell no, we don't need anybody in here rocking the boat!  

3 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

That was my absolute first thought when I saw the score. Seriously, in Woodson's mind, it says "It ain't me". Yeah, Mike, it IS you.

Mike Woodson has this Bishop Chatard Trojan agreeing wholeheartedly with a Roncalli Rebel. Simply a CLEAR sign a change is needed

I gotta think if Louisville is targeting Dusty and he would build a staff of IU or IU adjacent people UL would want a pretty massive golden parachute built in for the university. I think the buyout numbers would be insurmountable. Thats at least what I would do in their position. They can’t risk another coaching search anytime soon. It’s all so depressing. Others have said it, but if he goes on another run like SS or deeper, that has to change the thinking. Right? RIGHT???

Just now, OKHOOSIER said:

I gotta think if Louisville is targeting Dusty and he would build a staff of IU or IU adjacent people UL would want a pretty massive golden parachute built in for the university. I think the buyout numbers would be insurmountable. Thats at least what I would do in their position. They can’t risk another coaching search anytime soon. It’s all so depressing. Others have said it, but if he goes on another run like SS or deeper, that has to change the thinking. Right? RIGHT???

I'm pretty sure Moren has a massive buyout if she ever left for the Purdue job.  Fred learned his lesson after Versyp left with no buyout.   I would expect any school hiring Dusty would insist on a $30M+ buyout should he leave for IU.

Either way he would not leave after one year to take the iu job. He needed to be locked up this year and we are going to screw it up. But that's nothing new.

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

No wonder they made firing archie seem pretty simple. The plan all along was to get Woodson in here.

Dolson might need someone's that's proven they can win at this level to get movement, so May would be difficult.

Note: I have no sources, this is just my opinion on what I think.

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m pretty sure you and I have forgotten more about basketball than most of the trustees will ever know. Even Quinn doesn’t watch college basketball. The only argument at this point they have is we always give IU coaches four years.

If true, this would be an ABSOLUTE LEADERSHIP FAILURE, IMO, to choose “the way we’ve always done it” (“we always give IU coaches four years”), as opposed to appraising a unique situation against relevant situational factors.

This is the stuff that gives “bureaucracies” and “boards”, and specifically, the IU Admin, such a terrible rating of performance in the eyes of many.

If this kind of thing happens, I will have REAL trouble supporting almost any aspect of IU going forward, in spite of being a former donor and a two-time graduate.

Really shocked sticking with Woodson is the plan. I am going to get sick at the thought of leal running it back being our saving grace! I am going to say ware and mm are only ones good enough to produce

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk