Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I’m on the bus with you and slowly moving up to drive the bus.

I have liked what I have seen from Indiana State and the job he has done there.  But if he takes another job after this season why would anyone expect him to come to Indiana after only 1 year?  

4 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

I have liked what I have seen from Indiana State and the job he has done there.  But if he takes another job after this season why would anyone expect him to come to Indiana after only 1 year?  

I mean just hypothetically if he goes to SLU like is rumored and has a really good year then Indiana>>>>>>SLU in terms of job and resources. Hoping he doesn’t to Louisville since that means we’d lose our shot at him.

14 hours ago, Chris007 said:

You have no idea what I’m saying so please stop. Do I know for a fact they got a huge raise yes. Do I need to explain myself to you no I don’t.

Yeah, I think you misunderstood my reply there, I said "I believe what you are saying"Read through some other posts and tell me you don't think people are making **** up. I appreciate your info, and I don't think I need to explain myself to you either, but I will. I believe some of these posts (and don't get all excited here, I'm not talking about yours) are pretty stupid. 

13 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Buckle up.  Every negative rumor is going to get inflated over the course of the next year.  Fair or not, Woodson dropped a nuke on what was left of his goodwill bridge on senior night.   He isn't going to get the benefit of the doubt anymore and the real problem he has is that most of the rumors about him are believable based on his public facing actions and words.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. 

Has Woody been fired yet? What’s the hold up?

The hold up?

Simple and correct answer - they just aren’t doing it. They believe in his abilities and letting him have an open checkbook to build a team and coach them.

My opinion - A joke of an administration. A “holier than thou” attitude that is more worried about perception and taking care of their “buddies” than they are winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, cleeter said:

The hold up?

Simple and correct answer - they just aren’t doing it. They believe in his abilities and letting him have an open checkbook to build a team and coach them.

My opinion - A joke of an administration. A “holier than thou” attitude that is more worried about perception and taking care of their “buddies” than they are winning.

“They”…AKA…QB.

1 hour ago, TadQueasy said:

Because money ROCKS. 

6 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Because money ROCKS. 

Schertz stayed in D2 for 11 years. Yes it’s way more money but St Louis has historically been one of the best paying jobs in A10. His history suggest he may not want to jump around and around. I posted it already but I hope he stays at ISU and they’re somehow able to keep that core together for another run next year. All 5 starters would be back. And then after a deep NCAA run, IU can get him after next. 

10 hours ago, cleeter said:

You going to be downtown like me at opening day on Thursday?

I want to but can’t, I have a business trip that week.  My nephew and his family are going to Thursday and Saturday’s game.  If I get back in time, I might go to Saturday’s game. 

Have fun at opening day.  

Is there a MLB thread started, I didn’t see one.  We should probably put our baseball talk in there instead of the Fire Mike Woodson thread.  

Go REDS!!!

8 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yeah, I think you misunderstood my reply there, I said "I believe what you are saying"Read through some other posts and tell me you don't think people are making **** up. I appreciate your info, and I don't think I need to explain myself to you either, but I will. I believe some of these posts (and don't get all excited here, I'm not talking about yours) are pretty stupid. 

My bad. I apologize I was a little quick there. 

38 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

IMO anything over an IU scholarship is paying Leal too much and shows just how desperate this staff is. 

I agree with that. 

10 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I’m on the bus with you and slowly moving up to drive the bus.

I love Schertz as an on-court coach and personality too.

I imagine the bigger challenge for him (and he may be up to this challenge also) will be to be the face of and pretty much CEO of a major P5 program. Some P5 program is gonna find out whether he's up to it.