Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Excited to see all the Indiana homers bragging when Woodson lands all three of these guys. They just don’t get it and that’s okay. 

I’m in the middle. My heart roots like hell that we will have enough talent that things click and we overcome. My head/brain awaits the product when we are all saying why arent we shooting and hitting more 3’s. And moving off the ball. And boxing out, and doing the little things that are necessary to win. But I’m going to be optimistic that at least we are spending money to fulfill Woody’s wishes and WILL have a lot of great talent to root for.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

49 minutes ago, Trish said:

Excited to see all the Indiana homers bragging when Woodson lands all three of these guys. They just don’t get it and that’s okay. 

It’s okay to get excited for good players. I’m not rooting for Woody, I’m rooting for IU basketball. I know he will be back if we are decent next year, but I have zero control over it. Woodson isn’t landing the players. Our money is. Not that I think it happens, but I’ll take a purchased FF eight days a week. Won’t make Woody a good coach but it is what it is. 

44 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

know he will be back if we are decent next year, but I have zero control over it. 

It is possible that if we are decent that it would be the perfect opportunity for him to step away bragging how he rebuilt the program and is leaving it in good shape for his successor.  It would be a way for him to exit with grace.    

Will be off the charts

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Rice is a good pick up and if we get the other players we're supposed to I feel another round of 32 blowout coming! Exciting.
I can't get excited about any players until I see Woodson coach them. I fell for the monster expectations going into tjd's last season and we went like 22-13 with a 2nd round blowout. Then last year after expectations to make the tourney. Woodson for me is a show it to me on the court coach now.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

I can't get excited about any players until I see Woodson coach them. I fell for the monster expectations going into tjd's last season and we went like 22-13 with a 2nd round blowout. Then last year after expectations to make the tourney. Woodson for me is a show it to me on the court coach now.

/points at thread title

If you think I'm seriously posting in For Wisdom thread about being excited about a 2nd round blowout, I have this wonderful bridge I'd like to sell you at a bargain price.

/points at thread title
If you think I'm seriously posting in For Wisdom thread about being excited about a 2nd round blowout, I have this wonderful bridge I'd like to sell you at a bargain price.
No I do not at all. I was just stating why I can't get excited cause he is going to get a couple portal guys. I've seen what he can do with tjd and 2nd round was it.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

To be fair, I think it can be anyone at this point.  Sadly I think a lot of people think they have to choose a side.  The "True Fans" speech kind threw a match into a gas station.   I just want my program back to being good. If somehow Woodson changes all of our addressed concerns and there's a light at the end of the tunnel, I would welcome it with open arms. Even at face of people telling me how stupid I was to question his coaching and approach to recruiting.  

9 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

To be fair, I think it can be anyone at this point.  Sadly I think a lot of people think they have to choose a side.  The "True Fans" speech kind threw a match into a gas station.   I just want my program back to being good. If somehow Woodson changes all of our addressed concerns and there's a light at the end of the tunnel, I would welcome it with open arms. Even at face of people telling me how stupid I was to question his coaching and approach to recruiting.  

I want him to do well enough that he figures he can leave with his head held high.  The goal is him leaving but with a product that is more fun to watch and looks more attractive to the guy that will shortly be replacing him.

15 hours ago, Feathery said:

I’d have the Stevens to IU at 0%. The guy doesn’t want to recruit and he stopped coaching to work in the front office. Sounds like he doesn’t even want to coach anymore either.  

Yep, this. I think people who get excited about the Masshole are thinking about Stevens from 2010. 

He left college coaching and then coaching altogether. Didn't want to do it anymore. The last thing IU needs is another coach who hasn't been a head coach for a long time who might not really be interested in doing all facets of the job. 

It could be Woody all over again. 

No thanks...

11 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

It really is sad that IU basketball has devolved into this state. We are now the type of program where people gloat over winning the off-season. I'm pretty sure many of the same people were gloating last year because many thought we had also won that off-season.

Call me a skeptic, but I'll believe it when to translates to wins. I'm happy we are getting some good players to come here, but I can't say I'm surprised by it, nor do or think that it makes Woodson a better coach. He has had talent every year he has been here. He is the same coach who decided to sit on a scholly last year because we didn't need another guard.

The optimist in me thinks maybe this season has been enough to make Woody realize that his methods aren't working and he will change for next season. The realist thinks he is extremely bull-headed and/or tone deaf and will continue to pound the square peg into the round hole to prove to everyone his way is best, and then the excuses will ensue. I guess we will see...