Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

These were probably co-workers in NY trying to get rid of him. 
You knew Woodson was a horrible hire when people had to try to convince themselves it could work. People were literally gaslighting themselves into trying to believe his nba stuff could translate.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I like it. Or inserting their NIL paycheck into the player introductions when the starting lineup is announced before every game.
"At guard, standing 6'5", from Bloomington Indiana earning $175,000, Anthony Leal!"
Maybe we ought to do that with posters here using I/Q.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I would suspect that the $6 million is purely from the NIL collective. Side deals would be over and above that.

Is something like this collective based/run? This seems more in the "spirit" of what NIL was supposed to entail, at least to me. Company makes licensed products, uses the players NIL to sell them, and kick back some profit. 

https://indiana.nil.store/collections/mens-basketball

Just now, NashvilleHoosier said:

Director of Locker Room vibes: Glenn Gass

Starting clearing some room up in those rafters for another banner.

Ugh, my biggest regret from IU was blowing off Glenn's class.

8 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Is something like this collective based/run? This seems more in the "spirit" of what NIL was supposed to entail, at least to me. Company makes licensed products, uses the players NIL to sell them, and kick back some profit. 

https://indiana.nil.store/collections/mens-basketball

That was the initial plan. But then Texas A&M and other schools in the SEC and OSU started to splash the cash for the best players for pay for play. They do this bc the players talent brings them the value and they need the talent to be competitive. The NCAA tried to crack down and got sued and lost. And are now being sued again by Virginia and Tennessee so the NCAA isn’t investigating any NIL issues moving forward and stopped any investigations they had going. We are in the pay for play being legal for all schools and not just Duke. UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, etc. this actually benefits IU, since they have a strong NIL program for men’s basketball. They just need to get the coaching figured out. 

edit: Schools can now help steer athletes to NIL deals. It’s why you see schools hiring GM’s to help with that function. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

Looks like this is what IU will be looking at as of now.

Cupps, Newton, Reneau, Mgbako, Galloway, Leal, and 6-7 transfers

That would be 100% best-case scenario.

Keeping four end-of-year starters and program continuity, and then adding talent to challenge/replace them?

Given the circumstances that would be impressive. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yikes. So basically we need 5 new guys to fill a 8 man rotation. Not ideal. 

That's what it's looking like 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Looks like this is what IU will be looking at as of now.

Cupps, Newton, Reneau, Mgbako, Galloway, Leal, and 6-7 transfers

No Sparks?

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

That’s because Woodson on wants the highest rated players he can get and that he doesn’t recruit to fit his system he plays because he has no exact system he plays.  

He has a system, it's just an archaic one. He tries to force players into that system regardless of fit. That's the problem. You're right that he just wants the highest rated players and doesn't care about fit.

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yikes. So basically we need 5 new guys to fill a 8 man rotation. Not ideal. 

This would mean that only Banks, Gunn, and Sparks are entering the portal.

That would be very good news and a potentially upgraded roster, IF we can find some way to replace our best player, Ware.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Banks, Gunn, and Sparks is the only roster damage.