Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

That is the only thing that has given me hope is I haven't seen Dolson say anything

Is that something you’d expect directly from the AD?

4 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

This whole quinn and Scott plan that Woodson can just go buy all these great players in the portal is absurd. Liam just proved its not just about money. All the best portal players will be able to go to schools like Kansas or Arizona do why would they choose iu? Woodson isn't going to be able yo outbid those schools and money is all he hs to offer. They have good programs and winningbto offer.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I've no doubt we can buy enough portal players to fill a roster but we're not going to 'buy' top level talent.  We'll be overpaying for mediocre talent without regard to is the player actually filling a need so roster construction won't be any better than it's been this year.  Also, we'll have a roster full of strangers so we'll never get to know each other and then there's still that damn hump.

I'm now totally resigned to the fact the next banner we hang will be the one below.  And for all I care, rip the SSAH name down and replace it with ClownTown Hall.

Red color of corner label banner with word participant on ...

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Another Buckner rule?

Seriously, we have a limited number of likes each day?

Somehow mine restarted at 10 this morning. So I'm being very picky about what I like and don't like today in case we get breaking news later. 

The portal argument is ridiculous. Other programs have the money to go toe to toe with IU.  We're not going to get the best of the best lol. 

And if we couldn’t keep Liam with the portal money we got (a kid that actually committed to IU) how the H-E-double hockey sticks are we going to get 6-8 quality D1 players to all commit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Is that something you’d expect directly from the AD?

I would like to think so. It's been rumored he will after the season. But the way things are going now on this sinking ship, we might see him paddling away by himself

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Somehow mine restarted at 10 this morning. So I'm being very picky about what I like and don't like today in case we get breaking news later. 

I’d go back into the pool of razor blades for some good news today!

The whole “can’t fire him now because we won’t be able to hire any coach or land good recruits” reasoning is ridiculous IMO. Hire the right guy, and give him what he wants a la staff and resources. Bingo! It’s not difficult. Go get your proven winner and be done with this “pc” bull crap! 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I am not gutsy enough to say it's a fait accompli that Woody will be gone; I went with "At least as good a chance of May" as of Woody.

So I'll add point #3: The most I've seen is Zach Osterman stating he has been told Woody will be back and others like Rothstein reporting on what Osterman reported. soooo.... Show me the IU press release confirming this! Until that happens there is lots of wiggle room. 

I will upgrade the lunch agreement to a dinner+1

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

I will add a guided tour in the halls of Congress.

Is @Stuhoo Q himself? Or is it Dolson?

There is no "StuAnon." In fact, i HATE conspiracy theories. 

I like evidence and analysis of what makes sense. Given the rollercoaster of the last month and more importantly, the Rabjohns' 'state of the program' heat-seeking missile from last week, I am still waiting for verifiable evidence that Woody will be back.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

There is no "StuAnon." In fact, i HATE conspiracy theories. 

I like evidence and analysis of what makes sense. Given the rollercoaster of the last month and more importantly, the Rabjohns' 'state of the program' heat-seeking missile from last week, I am still waiting for verifiable evidence that Woody will be back.

I would like this post if I weren't over the limit. I need a bigger allotment! Swear they fell off the back of a truck.

My dream is that the powers that be are going to pay an NBA team to offer Woodson a position so that we can say he wasn't fired from IU.  Nobody  in charge wants to fire our legend, so Woodson can save face, and we can get rid of him if the Pacers or someone decide them "need" him on their staff.  Sounds good to me.