Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

I think I would feel like the Reneau after the Maryland player kicked him in the groin. 
Only worse because the pain wouldn't go away

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

So would this former player be against hiring Bruce Pearl or Josh Schertz since both are Jewish?

I do wonder about Pearl's politics and how it will mesh with the IU administration.  The guy retweeted Katie Britt and Charlie Kirk in the last week lol.  And that's the last I'll say on that mods but check out his Twitter page sometime.  The IU fan base will love him though.

9 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Is Bruce Pearl? He’s been at basketball backwaters his entire career where his energy and quirky personality play to his advantage. Much like Crean, I’m not sure it’s the best trait for a place like IU. 

Personally, he wouldn't be my guy at all, but I think the dude's temperament is probably his best trait. His ego is so bullet-proof that he just brazenly cheats his a$$ off everywhere he goes and then when he's busted he doesn't get mad or contrite or anything. He just rides it out and moves on. That's probably what this job requires, though I really wish that wasn't how we knew that about him.

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Personally, he wouldn't be my guy at all, but I think the dude's temperament is probably his best trait. His ego is so bullet-proof that he just brazenly cheats his a$$ off everywhere he goes and then when he's busted he doesn't get mad or contrite or anything. He just rides it out and moves on. That's probably what this job requires, though I really wish that wasn't how we knew that about him.

He would kill it here.  The stores on Kirkwood wouldn't be able to keep the B-Town Bruce shirts in stock.  He's instant energy and a fantastic basketball coach.  Exactly what we need right now.

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Well, between Zeke, Wittman, Woodson and Kitchel, here's their history as coaches... only Kitchel doesn't have a losing record in the NBA and College (he never coached)... take it for what it's worth... but I'd be hard-pressed to follow their collective recommendation for a coach with a winning record:

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 8.28.13 AM.png

What a relief, clearly we picked the best! 

I have been on the Pearl train since Crean was fired, and he still gives me the most confidence in terms of instant credibility and success. That said, if CDM goes to OSU and wins and has success in March, we cannot outbid them. We would be putting a lot of eggs in the “dream job” basket. Their new AD is the guy from A&M who just gave Jimbo Fisher 90 MILLION dollars to not coach football. The way Ryan Day has been throwing money around, it is a different world now at OSU and they were already not scared to spend money. I want Dusty anywhere but a B1G school the likes of OSU. 

6 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Do we have the ability to create polls on BtownBanners? 

Yes, in a new topic. There's a little tab at the top of the topic window where you click "polls" to change it from "content".

3 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Hope my comment on Christianity isn't taken wrong here - if Pearl is the coach I am equally ecstatic. Chrisitan, Jew, Atheist, Flying Spaghetti Monster all good here. Just win baby!

Flying Spaghetti Monster coach? I think I know who that would be:

f29867983b923d8e33e8d60b46ac8583b0bfa648

1 hour ago, HoosierBoiler said:

Alford is probably the backup that’s always been a yes. There are several coaches I would take instead of Woodson.

pearl ,may,JR Holmes lol

I posted this a week or so ago, but I think it needs repeating.  I can't see IU pushing/forcing out Woodson to hire another former IU player or manager. That would be too much of an affront to the old guard (Woodson, Buckner, Wittman, etc), IMO, the only way Alford or May can be the coach here next year is if Woodson voluntarily resigns.  

1 minute ago, OKHOOSIER said:

That said, if CDM goes to OSU and wins and has success in March, we cannot outbid them.

Can’t and won’t. We went through this one time with Matta who also had IU as his “dream job.”  

The worst part about having an Indiana guy over there is the raid on recruiting in this state they likely would do. Matta got his share, for sure. 

54 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Rumor is Drew to Louisville also. But some think he is doing that to get more NIL money at Baylor. Just to get our blood flowing even more could you imagine May to OSU and Drew to U of L

52 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I think I'd stroke out on the spot if those news tickers came across my screen, right next to "Indiana gives Woodson nod for 4th year"....

I think I'm going to be sick...