Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

On 3/18/2024 at 12:54 PM, ISP said:

Trey having surgery on his knee today.

Things have been silent on this front, but there were some medical complications here afterwards. 

Hopefully all ends up well. I think it will turn out ok. Will keep you guys updated to the extent that is appropriate. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It cracks me up how many fans 2 weeks ago were like we need to fire this coach and today are making We're Back" t-shirts. 

Like I said yesterday when you don't see how bad the coaching is every few days you really forget about it. 

Adding a 5* is great and we needed to be more athletic, but yeah it's still Woodson. The Globetrotters couldn't carry him to a final four.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

Adding a 5* is great and we needed to be more athletic, but yeah it's still Woodson. The Globetrotters couldn't carry him to a final four.

How many 5* did we have last season? Plus 5* freshmen take longer to pick up the college game. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Looks to me to be people who are trying to find any sliver a positivity in a terrible situation.  I don’t think anyone here is forgetting how bad of coach he is in the college game however showing signs of happiness for the program doesn’t automatically mean people like the coaching situation.  I personally haven’t seen anyone here wanting to make we are so back shirts. You can be happy things happen to the program and still think IU needs a coaching change.  If you are talking about fans elsewhere then I apologize but I don’t see that here.  My guess is over 95 percent of this board still want a new coach despite a recent recruiting win 

No I have not seen it here and was talking more about it on Twitter. So many fans are trying to have a gotcha moment. I should have been more clear that I was talking about social media and not on here. 

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

How many 5* did we have last season? Plus 5* freshmen take longer to pick up the college game. 

2 5 star post players one of which wanted to be a wing when everyone knew he was best fit in college at the 4 and another high 4 star borderline 5 star post player 

Ok Woody, here's the thing.  

1) Build a top 25 roster at minimum.

2) stay there or within close range of that mark

3) Play a modern style of basketball

4) Let's see some winning and joy from the players.  Look like you like each other and are having fun

5) Let's blow some teams the F out.

Just now, Chris007 said:

No I have not seen it here and was talking more about it on Twitter. So many fans are trying to have a gotcha moment. I should have been more clear that I was talking about social media and not on here. 

Yeah I don’t pay attention to  social media fans when they post stuff.  My brother showed me some Facebook threads and I laughed at some of the stuff on those threads.  Needless to say I only post here and care about what others say on this message board.  Any other places don’t matter to me 

39 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It cracks me up how many fans 2 weeks ago were like we need to fire this coach and today are making We're Back" t-shirts. 

Like I said yesterday when you don't see how bad the coaching is every few days you really forget about it. 

We're never back with Mediocre Mike sitting in the office. Fire Mike Woodson today.

45 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Help me out here.  I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or a defense of Woodson.  

Truly. Couldn't decide whether to laugh or like your post. It's really pretty sad, to be honest.

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yep. Social media. That's where the real fans hang out.

Fire Mike Woodson.

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

2 5 star post players one of which wanted to be a wing when everyone knew he was best fit in college at the 4 and another high 4 star borderline 5 star post player 

More total stars than anyone else in the B1G conference... and Mediocre Mike Woodson to mismanage it all.

42 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not me! I have never or ever will be a Woodson fan. I can't wait until he his fired or retires. Lazy, arrogant, self-centered and the most unimpressive person I have ever seen. How anyone could think he is going to lead this program anywhere besides down a sh??hole is beyond me. Totally worthless!