Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

I’m can’t help but wonder why people take what someone says on a message board as the gospel? If I accept everything that someone with sources post on every platform Stevens would have been IU’s head coach since Archie was hired. This all for amusement folks and is a place for me to get away from all the depressing political news and all that other crap ie…Doyle. 

19 minutes ago, Scooter T Washington said:

Coach Portal finally got that elusive knock down shooter with Tucker. Wait, wait, who am I kidding! Tucker is know for his mid range game. 

At first I thought it was PJ Tucker kid but PJ shoots the 3 well. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Exactly why would Woodson target that many kids, he hates going out to watch AAU and HS games. Just tell him who the really good players are, then try to get them on campus, preferably in the spring because that is golf season and he's in a good mood. Then he'll tell them some cool NBA stories and try to get them to commit. 

“Son I’ll make you the next Carmelo Anthony”

”Who is that Coach?”

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Ok Woody, here's the thing.  

1) Build a top 25 roster at minimum.

2) stay there or within close range of that mark

3) Play a modern style of basketball

4) Let's see some winning and joy from the players.  Look like you like each other and are having fun

5) Let's blow some teams the F out.

Nope… for me it’s one thing…

Make the NCAA and don’t get embarrassed. That’s it. Can we please just do that?

Honestly, they could run the Power I and I wouldn’t care… 

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

It actually surprises me in so many ways, this phenom going on within our fanbase. It's as if all nuance is dead. Very tribal.

Isn't that the way of the entire world now?  

1 hour ago, Scooter T Washington said:

Coach Portal finally got that elusive knock down shooter with Tucker. Wait, wait, who am I kidding! Tucker is know for his mid range game. 

From what I gather, he's not an awful shooter from deep. Just inconsistent. JHS came in very similarly and developed a serviceable 3 ball. Tucker seems like a more talented player at the same stage. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

Isn't that the way of the entire world now?  

Yeah ... this is just a really weird battleground. a VeryOnline segment of the Twitter fanbase seem to be frothing at the mouth over Woody's true fan comments, as if they've been personally ordained by Christ himself to Hold Everyone Accountable TM

1 hour ago, IUHoosier5 said:

I have been vocal in my displeasures with Woody. That being said, maybe Woody is up to something after all. If he truly recognizes his mistake in roster construction last year a la believing too much in his guards, he may field a serviceable team and scheme. 

I want to believe that Woody played inside out again because after a while he realized his guards were trash and not dependable. 

I want to believe that he knows he has to get shooters and have a guard-oriented style of play. 

I also want to believe that he’s more motivated than ever. I gladly would eat crow because, at the end of the day, I want to see Indiana Basketball succeed. 

Keep going!

No, he truly believes this is 1980 and that having 3 bigs underneath the basket is the best approach and he also thought X was the best thing since sliced bread

12 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

The roster is decidedly worse than last years at this point, not sure why anyone thinks a 5* coming to be paid moves the needle. He is still being coach by a guy that doesn't understand college BB. At this point this is a sub .500 team.

You’re right. There is zero depth on the roster. lol

19 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

The roster is decidedly worse than last years at this point, not sure why anyone thinks a 5* coming to be paid moves the needle. He is still being coach by a guy that doesn't understand college BB. At this point this is a sub .500 team.

They will add quite a few more guys, mostly mid Major kids. As of now, I think this is a near bottom of the conference team. No shooting whatsoever. 

20 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

No, he truly believes this is 1980 and that having 3 bigs underneath the basket is the best approach and he also thought X was the best thing since sliced bread

If he comes next year with that agenda…it’s gonna get beyond ugly. 

1 hour ago, IUHoosier5 said:

I have been vocal in my displeasures with Woody. That being said, maybe Woody is up to something after all. If he truly recognizes his mistake in roster construction last year a la believing too much in his guards, he may field a serviceable team and scheme. 

I want to believe that Woody played inside out again because after a while he realized his guards were trash and not dependable. 

I want to believe that he knows he has to get shooters and have a guard-oriented style of play. 

I also want to believe that he’s more motivated than ever. I gladly would eat crow because, at the end of the day, I want to see Indiana Basketball succeed. 

Keep going!

Not to minimize Dr. King’s “ I Have a Dream” speech. However when I read your post I read it in that cadence.