Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure if I should share this or not but the feedback IU is getting from the portal so far, from kids who should be a layup for IU is not going well. When a player's camp tells you that you need to change your offense and pay them a lot of money to get them it's not good. 

No reason not to share Trillys discord he says share it as long as you point people in his direction 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

At some point, you have to weigh if it's worth it or not. No one gets attacked more on here than me. I will still post and not going anywhere just will try not to share as much, don't want to spread misinformation because everyone believes everything I say like it's the gospel. Just surprised at the people who come at me anymore. It's changed in the last few months but maybe their just doing what their told. 

To me it doesn't look like what Old fart said was an attack. I think where he is coming from is "3 times" is a very specific number, while "big raise" isn't. A specific number seems like a hard fact, even if it isn't. A big raise could be 50% or double which are both less than tripling the pay. Since you do hear stuff, people take stuff that seems like fact as fact. Hell, they take stuff that is obviously opinion as fact so definitely take something that seems like a fact as a fact, even if it's you being hyperbolic.

So the fact of a big raise can quickly turn to them earning 3 times what they did, even if the big raise wasn't that much.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure if I should share this or not but the feedback IU is getting from the portal so far, from kids who should be a layup for IU is not going well. When a player's camp tells you that you need to change your offense and pay them a lot of money to get them it's not good. 

Especially when it’s a hometown kid?

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The players aren’t dumb. We’re not the only school with money. When money is all you have to offer because you play an office straight out of 2002, it’s not going to appeal to very many kids. If you’re a talented guard do you want to come play for IU? I wouldn’t. They can get paid by someone else where they’ll be coached by a better coach, play in a fun, modern offense, and win more than they would at IU. IU only becomes appealing when the pay differential becomes big enough. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So it's basically going how many of us thought it would.

14 minutes ago, kottke said:

Think Woody comments at all? Or does he just keep his head in the sand?

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 10.53.04 AM.png

Mike Woodson is doing his job. He shouldn't have to answer questions about the women's team, and won't do it.

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Think I posted in the other thread -- so far performance is underwhelming.  

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

These players wouldn't know that we have a $hitty offense if the toxic IU fans would quit complaining about it!  DWS

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The players aren’t dumb. We’re not the only school with money. When money is all you have to offer because you play an office straight out of 2002, it’s not going to appeal to very many kids. If you’re a talented guard do you want to come play for IU? I wouldn’t. They can get paid by someone else where they’ll be coached by a better coach, play in a fun, modern offense, and win more than they would at IU. IU only becomes appealing when the pay differential becomes big enough. 

Even with the pay differential, do kids really care these days?  It's all about work-life balance these days.  We have all had crappy jobs that overpaid us -- and we where still miserable.  Basketball is supposed to be fun.  I'd go where the fun is, even though it may mean a "pay cut."

I'm gonna throw 4 darts here and see how many times I can hit a bullseye.... All are JMHO.
#1.... he's tired of getting booed at Assembly Hall.
#2.... possibly jealous of their success.
#3.... (stretch), she's a Purdue grad.
#4.... he doesn't like to share facilities.
Did I hit any bullseyes? If so, how many? lol

I think 1, 2 and 4 are direct hits. No question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

At some point, you have to weigh if it's worth it or not. No one gets attacked more on here than me. I will still post and not going anywhere just will try not to share as much, don't want to spread misinformation because everyone believes everything I say like it's the gospel. Just surprised at the people who come at me anymore. It's changed in the last few months but maybe their just doing what their told. 

It’s changed because MW pit fans against fans.  The fans aren’t the problem, it’s MW and the Administration.  I would continue to post and if you have information or opinions you want to share, the heck with those people who don’t like it.  I guarantee you that many of us on here enjoy reading your post.  Some people will disagree, who cares they can have their opinion too!  Like it’s been mentioned, everyone’s different opinions and open conversations is what makes this message board what it is.  We are all entitled to our opinions, right or wrong!  

11 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

To me it doesn't look like what Old fart said was an attack. I think where he is coming from is "3 times" is a very specific number, while "big raise" isn't. A specific number seems like a hard fact, even if it isn't. A big raise could be 50% or double which are both less than tripling the pay. Since you do hear stuff, people take stuff that seems like fact as fact. Hell, they take stuff that is obviously opinion as fact so definitely take something that seems like a fact as a fact, even if it's you being hyperbolic.

So the fact of a big raise can quickly turn to them earning 3 times what they did, even if the big raise wasn't that much.

So, I can't say that Kelvin Sampson is three times the coach that Mike Woodson is without showing my math?