Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Minimum of six from the portal:

1. Ware
  2. X
  3. Walker
  4. Gunn
  5. Banks
  6. Open spot.

And it's reasonable to expect that there will be an additional departure or two, for a total of seven or eight from the portal.

Unlike prior years, with Woody in lame duck status there's very little chance that a high school senior will pop for IU after a coaching change. 

This is rough, though I suppose it's the only way to be with a likely lame duck coach and no confirmed heir apparent.

To the surprise of no one here, those on the administration that think giving Woody another year is being kind to him, have no foresight whatsoever. His legacy will be worse than this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he retires halfway through the season to avoid the mess at the end, much like the Nebraska game.

4 minutes ago, bigrod said:

To the surprise of no one here, those on the administration that think giving Woody another year is being kind to him, have no foresight whatsoever. His legacy will be worse than this year. Wouldn't surprise me if he retires halfway through the season to avoid the mess at the end, much like the Nebraska game.

Or he retires in about 2 months after he completely strikes out in the portal.

5 hours ago, IUrocker said:

So if he’s for sure coming back next year and is planning on it most likely being his last, if Dusty May is one of the two that has definite interest, I wonder if that means Dolson has a plan with him to know he could be lined up after next season once Woodson “retires”, or if Dolson plans on just paying to take Dusty away from wherever he ends up next year IF he indeed takes a bigger job elsewhere instead of waiting on us. Pearl would obviously be different because we would be taking him from where he’s already been anyways. So really does make you wonder the chances of a change being made after this tournament and whether those chances go up or not. Like I said, if it’s Pearl and May who are the two that Dolson knows has interest and could get to come here, he’d have to know to take Dusty away from a new job if we see him end up taking one after this year and we don’t make the move. So that transition between who we actually get AFTER next season, if that ends up for sure being how it goes, is interesting. 

I’d be really surprised if May would take another P5 job this off-season and then bail on it a year later. If Dolson wants May, I suspect he’ll either have to hire him this cycle or hope he stays at FAU for another year.

3 minutes ago, bigrod said:

Noting toxic fans for the reason for his retirement, just one more big middle finger to the school he supposedly loves.  What a joke this is that our hope for next season is that doesn't do something that gets him another year.  I'm just sad. 

19 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

It's not a forgone conclusion he ends up with either one of those jobs. Trilly has said he's not as high on the UL list as some thought and UM is also looking at other people too. 

Maybe if you are going to take over a dumpster fire, it's better to take the dumpster fire you know? 

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Dusty May will most certainly not turn down a $4 million annual/7 year guaranteed head coaching job at UL or UM for a down-the-road promise at IU. If he did that I'd question his judgment and whether he's smart enough for any big job.

Correct…nor would Woodson allow an announcement for an heir apparent 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Noting toxic fans for the reason for his retirement, just one more big middle finger to the school he supposedly loves.  What a joke this is that our hope for next season is that doesn't do something that gets him another year.  I'm just sad. 

Most of us aren’t “true fans.” According to Woodson, you have to support Mike Woodson to be considered a fan of the program…which is a big F U to a large portion of the greatest fan base.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

That tracks with our recent history.  Woodson strikes out in the portal, decides he’s just not up to it , & leaves us twisting in the wind with few or no options that far into the summer as a final fu to us non-true fans.  If there is any truth to the “plan” laid out here, everyone involved should be fired.  So stupid…

Edited by Jet812

34 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I'm not sure they are committed to the "Woodson has one more year" idea.  If he does enough to make the tournament next year, he'll get another.  And then another, and another, and on it goes.  

Buckner will be gone next year. There's hope that even if, by some miracle, Woodson does manage to do better than we expect, there's no one to save his sorry @$$

9 minutes ago, SamIam said:

Okay lets say Dusty May is absolutely fanatical about the IU job. IMO there is still no way that he doesn't take a P5 job, and there's certainly no way he comes to be some HC in waiting here. There is absolutely no guarantee for him that IU will be there waiting if he stays at FAU. Look at this board, some of you think he's "unproven" and that sentiment seems to be shared by QB. If I'm his agent, there's no way I'm letting him pass up this cycle.  The money is just too different and there's no guarantee it will be there forever. And if UM/UL go in other directions, WVU is patiently waiting. 

I hope Dusty stays away from WVU.  Huggins still wants to coach and there are people that want Huggins to be the coach.  WVU is a toxic job imo.

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Minimum of six from the portal:

1. Ware
  2. X
  3. Walker
  4. Gunn
  5. Banks
  6. Open spot.

And it's reasonable to expect that there will be an additional departure or two, for a total of seven or eight from the portal.

Unlike prior years, with Woody in lame duck status there's very little chance that a high school senior will pop for IU after a coaching change. 

This is rough, though I suppose it's the only way to be with a likely lame duck coach and no confirmed heir apparent.

Any more word on Cupps? Heard that his dad, the HS coach, wants him to transfer. 

7 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Mike Woodson thinks that Mike Woodson can win with any players. 

1 hour ago, AKHoosier said:

It's so frustrating that he is being given the chance to fix this through the transfer portal.

The fact that he needs to fix it through the portal is evidence in itself that he has no plan or system in place, and is simply winging it. That's what you do when you're completely at the mercy of whoever decides to enter the transfer portal. 

If you attempted to build a roster through recruiting high school kids, you can cast a wider net and take the time to identify kids who fit into your system, and develop them to contribute to it.

He's just resorting to throwing other people's money at the problem to hide his inability to fulfill the duties of being a college coach.

This

9 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

If it gets him out, I can be toxic as @#*%. You haven't seen toxic if I thought it would move the needle. :D 

8 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Correct…nor would Woodson allow an announcement for an heir apparent 

Doubt that any of this happens, but what could Woodson do about it? Would he quit? Would he try to walk it back? Woodson is living on borrowed time at this point. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I'm fine with that but I'm telling you Woodson still thinks he is going to be the coach here for 5 more years in his mind.

That is the one spot I will disagree with Jerry about. I don't expect him to announce he will retire at any time. He's going out kicking and screaming. 

Exactly what I said about 150 pages ago, lol.  He ain’t going quietly into the night, freaking guy is too stubborn and thinks mediocre is doing a good job.  Very narrow minded simpleton!