Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Catching up at lunch. I see alot of posts worried about pearl son being a coach in wait and that being a bad thing. Lol. If pearl actually comes here and wins enough to keep his job for 6 years or whatever and his son is on staff that entire time nobody on here should or could possibly being upset about him getting a shot lol. If Bruce actually comes and brings us back to national relevance he could pick anyone and we should be happy to give a chance to.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, wirenuts said:

A Stevens (you have to call again, just to see how big a mass hole he truly is)

B Oats

C Pearl

D May

Just a guess

That's my guess as well with B and C interchangeable.  Stevens says no.  Pearl and Oats both gets raises and we get May. 

Edited by Mopladysman

Just wondering is Holtmann would be an option?  Rumor was we were interested 3 years ago.  
Lol the f outta here! Just kidding but that would be sad

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Journalism and especially sports journalism is dead.  It's all about the clicks.  Sure, some statistics or facts may be occasionally incorporated in an article.  Unfortunately, sports journalism these days is all about the hot take.  

What are you guys expecting these sports journalists to do?

The claim that they use more opinion than fact, is a pretty big one and seems sort of tough to prove. 

If they're incorporating statistics or other "facts" to their article... not sure what else you're looking for them to do? They're either providing a factual retelling of events (game recaps) or amplifying a perspective (substantiated with some statistics/facts to support a case). 

I don't see what gripe is to be had with IU media right now.

You really think people are sheep being told what to think by sports reporters? People have their own two eyes and ears... and most people have come to the same conclusion by this point. Blaming media is trendy these days, but more often than not it's actually a scapegoat used by people searching for/creating a conspiracy as to why others don't think the same way they do. 

4 minutes ago, Adillac said:

Mike DeCourcy is blaming the fans for the coaching woes at Indiana. Good grief. 

DeCourcy is too busy being bad at his job to even attempt to understand how IU fans are feeling. I just don’t understand national journos who only see IU box scores telling fans who live and breathe this **** how they should feel. 

Sounds like you can buy tickets for a buck for tonight's game in the balconies. Wow

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

They'd have to pay me gad $ and some nachos to get me to watch this abomination.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'm listening now.  Don't need a change.  The bosses just need to tell Woody how to do his job better and all will be well.
This guy is an absolute moron.
He has always been like that. When he is on Coyle I skip over him.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

DeCourcy is too busy being bad at his job to even attempt to understand how IU fans are feeling. I just don’t understand national journos who only see IU box scores telling fans who live and breathe this **** how they should feel. 

Mike can fix it just needs more time.  If you fire him now he will lose all of the roster to the portal.  Actually the reverse is true Mike.

DeCourcy is clueless.

7 minutes ago, AnotherSznOnTheBrink said:

6 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I'm listening now.  Don't need a change.  The bosses just need to tell Woody how to do his job better and all will be well.

This guy is an absolute moron.

8 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

Decourcy is out of touch. You listen to his interview with Coyle where he talks about our defense being improved this year 

MD also didn't understand why people don't like Caitlin Clark lol