Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

KBED was the airport in Boston we were focused on. White Plains was Woody. I still have a screenshot of the plane that went from Bloomington to the Bahamas to Boston we were all focused on. lol 

I love it. Also wasn't there a lot going on down in Boca Raton?

Just now, Hornsby said:

I dont believe anything bozich says. He also claimed johnson's arm injury was nothing serious. If that was the case why hasn't he played.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Maybe he told the coach he is done.....to much pressure. lol

9 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A bit of an in-article troll job by Rick Bozich?

"That's a large hump of toxicity for any coach to overcome, especially a coach who will turn 66 years old in less than a month and has whiffed more than he has hit in recruiting tussles for over a year."

2 hours ago, Redcamaro said:

If it is worse, Woody will be gone for sure.

Yes. Problem is, can this program afford another major step back? Outside of Indiana and it's fans, nobody really cares about IU Basketball anymore. We are literally Nebraska Football.

The answer is I don't think so. Each bad hire (Miller and now Woodson) Has set us back even more. If you are in high school right now, your only memory of IU Basketball is probably Yogi leading us to a Sweet 16. If college age, the Wat Shot and being #1 with Cody and Vic. Anyone under 14 has never seen IU win a Big Ten title or make the second weekend of the tournament. That's sad. Eventually, these kids will pick a school to play for. If you live in Indiana, why on earth would you choose IU over Purdue or even Notre Dame unless you are a diehard fan. Even then...

Another reason why I think a change HAS to happen this year: Ohio State job is already open. Michigan, Louisville, maybe even UK. I've heard Cronin isn't happy at UCLA. What if Izzo retires? All these programs historically are top 15 (Kentucky, UCLA, Michigan, Ohio State, Louisville, Michigan State). Good chance they could hire a Pearl, or an Oats, or a May meaning they won't be available next year. I'd argue all those programs have had more recent success (last decade or so) than Indiana. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Does anyone know if Rick post on Inside the Hall the site his son Alex runs? Just wondering

I don't believe he does. Does the podcast sometimes though.

8 minutes ago, Herotime said:

When CMW is let go— how will we find out about it? Who do you suspect will be the first to break the story?

Trilly said it would most likely be one of the national guys that the team would inform to put it out there. 

Just now, Capt. Crimson said:

Trilly said it would most likely be one of the national guys that the team would inform to put it out there. 

Goodman I think broke the Archie news. If I remember right, IU released a statement about Crean right when first round games were tipping off. Unfortunately we will have to wait a few weeks. March 14 is the earliest this could happen.