Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Anthony Leal vs Penn State - Saturday, 02.03.24 @ Noon on FS1

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ryan Phillips @RumorsandRants

Let's be real, these are the kinds of games you can't have if you're the head coach at Indiana. Getting hammered by Penn State at home. Collapsing after an 11-point lead and not making any real adjustments. This kind if stuff just can't happen. It's unacceptable

Amen brother, amen.

Hurry, escape the building before the PR police get ya.

Just now, HoosierCoop said:

I can remember being this sad in a season in a very long time. 

I can when IU laid an egg in a season where I had expecations much higher.  At this point in this season the margin might be depressing but losing to a bottom tier Big Ten at home just isn't a surprise.

You could see it with Woodson over the last few media opportunities.

Month ago, hoping the fans still liked him. Yesterday complaining about trying to win through the injuries.

I’m sure all those involved in the losing will blame the fanbase. That’s how it works.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Woody schooled by a rookie Big coach at home who was missing a couple good players kinda sums up our season. Happy I picked the Iowa game to see in person, although we tried to give that one away.

Just now, Dave from Dayton said:

Penn State's guards are good.  IU's guards are not.  That is the difference in this game.  We cannot get our offense in gear.  And they get frustrated.  

Except Penn State's guards really aren't good.  The fact that they have looked that much better than ours tells you what you need to know.

6 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

With NBA connections, a season after getting JHS into the lottery, with an open scholarship you couldn't find anyone to come on board with program IU's NIL? He and Armond Hill were watching Banks and Gunn all summer - they knew what they had

I'm starting to think it was less about not finding anyone who was interested and more like not wanting to find someone who was interested. He's a low-energy recruiter and the program is paying the price. 

2 minutes ago, schoosier said:

Woody schooled by a rookie Big coach at home who was missing a couple good players kinda sums up our season. Happy I picked the Iowa game to see in person, although we tried to give that one away.

Hopefully it was more enjoyable in person. Even the games we win, it doesn't feel like we win, it just feels like we didn't lose.