Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Anthony Leal vs Penn State - Saturday, 02.03.24 @ Noon on FS1

We are a horribly constructed basketball team that hasn’t been able to defend the 3 all year and we can’t counter because we have terrible 3 point shooters.  It is pretty bad that our best 3 point shooter is a 7 footer.  

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Hopefully it was more enjoyable in person. Even the games we win, it doesn't feel like we win, it just feels like we didn't lose. 

It's because we play such an ugly brand of basketball. Every single game is a grind, even when we win. How often do people watch a game and actually think "hey that was enjoyable"?

Bottom line.....seems Woody needs over the top talent to win.  Last year at least the talent was more balanced -- we had a mid first round point guard and one hell of a post player.  But I think our success last year was more about the talent and little to do with X and O's.  There is talent on this team but it's so uneven.  Best scorers are both post players.  MM may have been over rated as a recruit but he is certainly coming along and will be an NBA player one day in my opinion -- but he's really a stretch 4 and not a 3.  But guard play is non-existent.

I don't think Woody's getting first.  Ware will go pro.  Reneau at the 5, MM at the 4 and McNeely at the 3 is a decent frontcourt.  Who knows about Queen,  but THERE HAS TO BE INFUSION INTO THE BACKCOURT.

16 minutes ago, maharkn said:

So they can't miss from three so we go under the screen and then not get back. Malik is lazy

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Is Malik lazy - or is that a reflection of the coaching?

Today was NOT a ringing endorsement of the capabilities of this coaching staff.

3 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

We are a horribly constructed basketball team that hasn’t been able to defend the 3 all year and we can’t counter because we have terrible 3 point shooters.  It is pretty bad that our best 3 point shooter is a 7 footer.  

Lotta truth to this statement.

Woodson not filling that empty scholarship with a capable guard is rearing its ugly head now

1 minute ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Is Malik lazy - or is that a reflection of the coaching?

Today was NOT a ringing endorsement of the capabilities of this coaching staff.

I don't think he's lazy.  Frustrated, yes.  But he's been pretty hard nosed all year.  Losing focus when things went downhill in a game lateer int he season as long as it is out of character to me doesn't say lazy.  If it becomes a pattern, then yes.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Today? The whole season has been a glaring indictment of this coaching staff.

Earlier in the year, they did have some good games (re: Kansas) but there hasn’t been a continuation of improvement that you would expect to see especially with a younger team.

Woodson is honestly worse than Archie. At least he made the dance one season with own roster or certainly would have had it not been cancelled.  I'm convinced Woody could never do that with a team he built.  He is just beyond abysmal.  Got to go after the season no matter what.  Buckner too.

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Woodson is honestly worse than Archie. At least he made the dance one season with own roster or certainly would have had it not been cancelled.  I'm convinced Woody could never do that with a team he built.  He is just beyond abysmal.  Got to go after the season no matter what.  Buckner too.

HIs coaching staff is practically, Archie's Staff.