Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 01.30.24 @ 7:00 on BTN

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Seriously though can we “Cam Spencer” Sandfort to Indiana this off-season.  He is what all Indiana fans think Conor Essegian is.    

Saw him joking around and smiling with Leal and a couple others, helped X off the floor. Seems like a good guy, and that's saying a lot for how I typically feel about Iowa players. 

Kid can shoot the basketball. 

1 minute ago, monskisprodigy said:

Saw him joking around and smiling with Leal and a couple others, helped X off the floor. Seems like a good guy, and that's saying a lot for how I typically feel about Iowa players. 

Kid can shoot the basketball. 

Saw same things. He punked us last year too if I remember right and gave us the Shhhhhhhhhh.  Confident kid and shooter

23 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

He blew a kiss to the crowd after hitting a 3 and got t'ed up...that was an ugly game. 

It seemed like the students really let him hear about it after that airball with a minute left. Maybe some of them remembered this. 

57 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Saw same things. He punked us last year too if I remember right and gave us the Shhhhhhhhhh.  Confident kid and shooter

Yes that was him at the end of the game last year.

I had said earlier in the season that Indiana would have to win about 12 B1G games to make the tourney. At this point, that finishing out our last 10 at 7-3.

Schedule going forward...

Penn State

at Ohio State

at Purdue

Northwestern

Nebraska

at Penn State

Wisconsin

at Maryland

at Maryland

Michigan State

So to hit 7-3, we would need to win all 5 home games and steal 2 on the road. That would also put us at 20-11 heading into the tourney with wins over Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern and Michigan State. It ain't a strong resume unfortunately.

51 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I had said earlier in the season that Indiana would have to win about 12 B1G games to make the tourney. At this point, that finishing out our last 10 at 7-3.

Schedule going forward...

Penn State

at Ohio State

at Purdue

Northwestern

Nebraska

at Penn State

Wisconsin

at Maryland

at Maryland

Michigan State

So to hit 7-3, we would need to win all 5 home games and steal 2 on the road. That would also put us at 20-11 heading into the tourney with wins over Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern and Michigan State. It ain't a strong resume unfortunately.

And geez playing at MD twice…

One correction in your schedule, LCS, - you had IU playing at Maryland twice.  The next to last is at Minnesota.

Currently, those games would be:                      

• Penn State, NET 127:  quad 3   
  • at Ohio State, NET 73:  quad 1   
  • at Purdue, NET 2:  quad 1  
  • Northwestern NET 59, quad 2  
  • Nebraska, NET 58, quad 2  
  • at Penn State, NET 127:  quad 2 
  • Wisconsin, NET 11: quad 1  
  • at Maryland, NET 81:  quad 2  
  • at Minnesota, NET 94:  quad 2  
  • Michigan State, NET 24:  quad 1  

Two of those games look to border quad 1/2:  if Ohio State were to drop three in NET, they drop to a quad 2;  if Maryland gains 5 in NET, they would be quad 1.

As a hypothetical, let's say IU wins all five home games and beats Penn State and Minnesota on the road (7-3 is still a pretty tall task IMO, but it is possible).  IU's overall record is 20-11 as LCS mentioned.  By quads, IU would be:

Q1: 2-9   Q2:  7-2   Q3:  5-0  Q4:  6-0

While IU's efficiency numbers wouldn't be great, that's not a bad resume for a bubble team.  20 Q1/2 games, 9 Q1/2 wins, no Q3/Q4 losses and only 6 Q4 games.

Here are the records and quad records of the first four at large bids last year:

Mississippi State 21-12

Q1:  3-9   Q2:  3-1  Q3:  5-2  Q4: 10-0

Arizona State 22-12

Q1:  3-4  Q2:  4-4   Q3:  4-3  Q4:  11-1

Pittsburgh 21-11

Q1:  3-5  Q2:  3-3  Q3: 5-1  Q4:  11-2

Nevada  21-10

Q1: 5-4  Q2:  5-5  Q3:  5-2  Q4:  6-0

----

So in the scenario of IU winning all five home and two road, I like IU's resume more than three of the four resumes of the last four teams in last year (I like Nevada's 2023 resume over IU's 2024).  But you can see that often teams on the bubble have gotten to 20-22 wins but racking up a ton of Q4 wins, something IU will hasn't done because they've only had 4 of those type of games.

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Seriously though can we “Cam Spencer” Sandfort to Indiana this off-season.  He is what all Indiana fans think Conor Essegian is.    

Good luck pulling him out of iowa for his senior year. 

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Sure, then we can stick him in a corner like Miller Kopp and never run anything for him. 

14 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

If IU won all their home games and won 2 road games they are more then likely going to in and they won’t even be in the first 4.   In this instance they would have 0 Q3 or Q4 losses and would have beating a top 2 seed as of today (Wisky) plus a couple of other tourney quality teams.   With an overall SOS in the top 20 it would be hard for the committee to leave a team like that out.    Bubble teams are going to have flaws and bad losses if and that’s a big if IU was to win their home games and steal road games in my opinion they should be in.  But you won’t know for sure until you get closer to the end of the year to see what the end of the bubble actually looks like