Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 01.30.24 @ 7:00 on BTN

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Long time no see from you sir. Glad to see you back. Or maybe you've been here and I've missed it. 

I’ve been lurking. Letting the fanbase hypothesize about Woody’s future without fanning the flames with what you probably know about the situation as well. I’ll try to be a more regular contributor. But you can always find me on the women’s game threads. I’m all-in on the Lady Hoosiers (I know some people dispute that title, but I like the sound of it and think it’s a perfectly respectful tag for the team)

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Happy for Leal to come in and take advantage of his opportunity. Do I think this means anything going forward? Not really. Guard play is still abysmal and we barely pulled out a win against a bad Iowa team at home.

Without Reneau who has been our go to scorer down the stretch.  

*puts on crimson glasses * 

Both Leal and Cupps seemed to step into 3’s with confidence last night. IF they could both manage to hit mid 30% down the stretch (kind of like Race did his 2nd to last year) there are some options to stagger Ware and Reneau and go small like 20min a game.  I could see us beating the teams we’re supposed to beat that way. 4 out with Reneau in the post would be tough to stop

36 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

I thought the whole team was going to end up in Radiology department last night my dad is the Radiology director.

I didn't know that IU had Radiology classes.  Do they teach about AM and FM? Boom boxes?  What not?

Wisconsin had something called a Boom Box Parade.  I could see your dad leading this off of campus.   Leon Varjian, previously a TA at IU in math, became Student Association President.  That is him leading.Leon Varjian leads a boom box parade

58 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I’ve been lurking. Letting the fanbase hypothesize about Woody’s future without fanning the flames with what you probably know about the situation as well. I’ll try to be a more regular contributor. But you can always find me on the women’s game threads. I’m all-in on the Lady Hoosiers (I know some people dispute that title, but I like the sound of it and think it’s a perfectly respectful tag for the team)

Go on.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Yup.

Anthony Leal's post-game comments in some sense may have been directed toward them. Now that Anthony has credibility as a player-leader, not just a practice voice, it's time for him to be there for those guys.

Previously his leadership was severely limited - it was like having a grad assistant offering encouragement. Now? CJ can see Anthony's path.

100%!   What liked about yesterday’s game besides the win and the way Ware and Leal played but it was also how vocal Leal was on the court.  There was a point where he was very vocal to Sparks because he didn’t call out a screen or pick, i can’t remember exactly, but Leal was very vocal to him and was pointing at a location on the floor.  And there was another time they just got out of a timeout and he was discussing something with Ware or Mgbako.  He was very vocal last night!  Something we’ve needed all year.

2 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I agree and find it maddening when X aimlessly dribbles 30 feet from the basket. Trey often does the same thing, and did last night, when he runs the point. Maybe they are coached that way? I don’t know but it often seems to lead to bad shots that have to be taken in the last 2-5 seconds of the shot clocked. 

If you move the ball instantly, the ball will come back around and those dribble drives are more effective because you’ve made the defense move

2 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Bozich confirmed this morning both injuries are considered minor and won’t cause an extended absence for either guy. One of my sources said MR probably could have come back in the game but didn’t want to further the injury so sat out for precaution. Little bit of a sigh of relief. 

Good to hear.  But, if that's the case, and with all due respect to X, he should head to Hollywood after graduation.  From the sound of it, I thought his arm was split in two, a la Joe Thiesmann   I turned away and couldn't watch any replays.  :)  

13 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Good to hear.  But, if that's the case, and with all due respect to X, he should head to Hollywood after graduation.  From the sound of it, I thought his arm was split in two, a la Joe Thiesmann   I turned away and couldn't watch any replays.  :)  

He's done this before. There were at least 2 instances early this season where he went down grabbing his foot and had to be helped off the floor and I thought "yep, he's done." Then he played the next game with no ill effects. Maybe he's just a hypochondriac? 

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Probably not though some seem to have think we turned a massive corner now. Let's wait and see how we do at ohio state and purdue before declaring we are back. Penn State is not at all so winning that game should not be that hard at home.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Maybe I missed a few posts but I have seen comments expressing relief we won last night, glad to see Leal have a good game, getting in the tourney is still a long shot etc etc but definitely don’t think the sentiments have been that “we have turned a massive corner now”