Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 01.30.24 @ 7:00 on BTN

Just now, gfeltner28 said:

What an awesome game for Leal and Ware. If I'm Woody I start getting in MM's ear about making the MR commitment to getting in shape. He seems to hit a lot more jumpers early on in games. And he doesn't have any explosiveness. Speed and agility drills all summer.

You know that’s something to think about it does seem like he hits them early on and then fades. Something to that for sure 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Man we really needed that win. Proud of the guys. I think some want us to spiral out of control and that would’ve been likely if they lose that with the 2 injuries.

Feel terrible for X and think it would be a good thing if IU fans send uplifting tweets at him or something. Already seen a couple saying we’ll be better with X out and that’s terrible. Keep that **** to yourself. 

I think that should be the rule about players in general. Calling out players on social media is super LAME. Call out Woody all you want, leave the player rips to group texts or I guess the forums. It does ZERO for the program or the team calling our players constantly.

7 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

That was good, but not surprising, to see.  
None of us really know what these guys are really like, from our vantage points on the couch,, but MR seems like a really, really good dude. He appears to be the direct opposite of many   “5* attitude” stereotypes as he seems invested in winning and being  a team guy.

Win or lose, there are a lot of really good guys on this team.

Malik is definitely one of them.

Just now, gfeltner28 said:

What an awesome game for Leal and Ware. If I'm Woody I start getting in MM's ear about making the MR commitment to getting in shape. He seems to hit a lot more jumpers early on in games. And he doesn't have any explosiveness. Speed and agility drills all summer.

Leal and Ware was the stars of the game.  We don’t win that game without Leal’s clutch 3 pointers.  He’s definitely earned more minutes.  Also, I thought he played good defense too.

i have noticed that about Mgbako, seems to lose his lift on his shot in the 2nd half of games.  When he drives, he gets bumped and it prevents him from finishing.  Staying one more year and getting on the Reneau body building plan will do him a lot of good.

I hope Reneau isn’t out long or at all, we can’t afford to lose him for a couple of games.  

2 minutes ago, Herotime said:

Any news on the severity of the injuries to XJ and MR?

I would assume that will come out the next couple of days. X's injury didn't look good though. 

Just now, OGIUAndy said:

I would assume that will come out the next couple of days. X's injury didn't look good though. 

What happened to them? I didn’t see the game.

6 minutes ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Man we really needed that win. Proud of the guys. I think some want us to spiral out of control and that would’ve been likely if they lose that with the 2 injuries.

Feel terrible for X and think it would be a good thing if IU fans send uplifting tweets at him or something. Already seen a couple saying we’ll be better with X out and that’s terrible. Keep that **** to yourself. 

I have made my feelings clear about X; however, that comment wasn’t cool.  He’s had a hard enough time this year, quit kicking him while he’s down.  Hopefully it’s not serious but the way he was acting, he was in some pain 

6 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I have made my feelings clear about X; however, that comment wasn’t cool.  He’s had a hard enough time this year, quit kicking him while he’s down.  Hopefully it’s not serious but the way he was acting, he was in some pain 

Same... personally not an X fan, but there's a huge difference between not being a fan and wishing anything bad to happen to anyone. Hope whatever it is, it turns out to not be a serious injury.

I liked the intensity we played with in the first half with limited mistakes for us. If we played with that same intensity for the majority of the season we would be a tourney team despite the roster makeup. We still make some incredibly boneheaded mistakes and lost our minds for long stretches. That home court advantage is nice though

4 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Same... personally not an X fan, but there's a huge difference between not being a fan and wishing anything bad to happen to anyone. Hope whatever it is, it turns out to not be a serious injury.

I think there's a difference in "not being a fan" versus going on social media and ripping a guy on your own team or hoping he gets kicked off etc. It's just a game when it's all said and done.