Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

This is the first year of my 37 years that I don't really care if I watch an IU game or not. No blocking out and no hustle. I understand programs have bad years but there is no excuse for lack of hustle. 

I went over to a Purdue blog and read a little bit after the OSU loss. Talk about miserable. How can you be a top 5 team(typically ranked 1 or 2) for the last 2 years and constantly complain how bad your coach is. Makes me think no matter how good your team is, people will never be happy. It's annoying. 

Edited by gfeltner28

Purdue has nvr and will nvr actually have an elite team. They can get all the AP top 5 rankings they desire but name a national title  winner in the last 20 yrs that you think would lose to any Purdue team of the last 20 years? 

They are just nvr that elite in actuality. 

44 minutes ago, Adillac said:

Purdue has nvr and will nvr actually have an elite team. They can get all the AP top 5 rankings they desire but name a national title  winner in the last 20 yrs that you think would lose to any Purdue team of the last 20 years? 

They are just nvr that elite in actuality. 

Their style of play does not work well come March.  They are a really good regular season team and their season falls out come the Sweet 16.   

Sadly tho, I would sure take what they got going right now in Bloomington.  

16 hours ago, gfeltner28 said:

This is the first year of my 37 years that I don't really care if I watch an IU game or not. No blocking out and no hustle. I understand programs have bad years but there is no excuse for lack of hustle. 

I went over to a Purdue blog and read a little bit after the OSU loss. Talk about miserable. How can you be a top 5 team(typically ranked 1 or 2) for the last 2 years and constantly complain how bad your coach is. Makes me think no matter how good your team is, people will never be happy. It's annoying. 

If we had a top team that lost yearly to 13 and worse seeds, we’d be paranoid as well.

I had some tome to kill this morning between appointments, so I went into a McDonalds this coffee and a bite ... haven't been inside a McDonalds "restaurant" in years... found out that no one takes your order... you HAVE to use their kiosk to order, then go to the counter to pay... WTF? It's as bad as the self-checkout line at the grocery store... and they get $15 to NOT take your order? And they have attitude...

#mindBlown #imOld #getOffMyLawn

10 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I had some tome to kill this morning between appointments, so I went into a McDonalds this coffee and a bite ... haven't been inside a McDonalds "restaurant" in years... found out that no one takes your order... you HAVE to use their kiosk to order, then go to the counter to pay... WTF? It's as bad as the self-checkout line at the grocery store... and they get $15 to NOT take your order? And they have attitude...

Depends on the McDonald's.  Most I've been to have kiosk or person to person ordering.

That said, what is with the 'automatic tip option' in some places?  At Jimmy John's if you pay by card where I go, it has a default 15% tip option that you have to click off.  Yesterday ordered pizza pick up and same thing, online had a 15% tip option that you have to click off if you don't want to tip.  You're supposed to tip for service, not for just making my damn food.

Depends on the McDonald's.  Most I've been to have kiosk or person to person ordering.
That said, what is with the 'automatic tip option' in some places?  At Jimmy John's if you pay by card where I go, it has a default 15% tip option that you have to click off.  Yesterday ordered pizza pick up and same thing, online had a 15% tip option that you have to click off if you don't want to tip.  You're supposed to tip for service, not for just making my damn food.

Well, I won’t be going into another McDonald’s just to find out. Don’t go there much anyway, just found it strange.

And yeah, I don’t get the automatic tip thing either. Seems like everyone is doing it these days. Lazy and greedy.

10 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Tipping culture has gotten completely out of hand anyway. It was supposed to be optional for good service now its expected for pretty much everything.

Sometimes even require service staff that do work on tips to share them with cooks etc that don't work on tips.

17 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Tipping culture has gotten completely out of hand anyway. It was supposed to be optional for good service now its expected for pretty much everything.

Sometimes even require service staff that do work on tips to share them with cooks etc that don't work on tips.

I think about this every time I order coffee through the drive-in...get to the window and they hand me the card reader and it has a tip selection on it. 

Was in Colorado a couple weekends ago and we went to the New Belgium Brewery. Ordered my beers, I gave him my card, he handed it back and said thank you and went on to the next customer. Was great, looked it up and they pay a living wage that doesn't require tips to supplement their income. And I think the beers were $6 a piece, which in todays craft beer world is cheap. 

1 minute ago, monskisprodigy said:

I think about this every time I order coffee through the drive-in...get to the window and they hand me the card reader and it has a tip selection on it. 

Was in Colorado a couple weekends ago and we went to the New Belgium Brewery. Ordered my beers, I gave him my card, he handed it back and said thank you and went on to the next customer. Was great, they pay a living wage where tipping isn't required or expected. And I think the beers were $6 a piece, which in todays craft beer world is cheap. 

That's how it should be. Tipping has turned into an excuse for companies to not even pay minimum wage; yeah the customer would pay a higher menu price if those companies had to pay minimum wage but the customer is paying more anyway because of tipping.

I remember going to lunch with colleagues where I use to work, came time to pay and one of them said leave 20% tip it's industry standard and I'm think it's supposed to be optional there shouldn't be an industry standard.

7 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

That's how it should be. Tipping has turned into an excuse for companies to not even pay minimum wage; yeah the customer would pay a higher menu price if those companies had to pay minimum wage but the customer is paying more anyway because of tipping.

I remember going to lunch with colleagues where I use to work, came time to pay and one of them said leave 20% tip it's industry standard and I'm think it's supposed to be optional there shouldn't be an industry standard.

My rule is,  if I am sitting down and you are serving me or my family, tipping is provided. And out of laziness, 20% became my customary tip due to easy math, unless the service was atrocious. If I ordered and picked up at window, or you simply just brought me my food and I tossed it all in the trash, no tip. But now the tip screen is on everything, every where. 

Have a friend whos grandfather would place dollar bills on the table at the start of the meal...and depending on service, they'd either stay or slowly disappear one by one....he always received amazing service haha. 

57 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

AZ I just gained another year in my life this week and I act/feel "crotchety".  Everything bugs me! :)

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

But but but firing Mike Woodson would be bad publicity!!

P.T. Barnum once said, “There’s no such thing as bad publicity,” which is almost as good as Oscar Wilde’s version, who put it like this: “There’s only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”