Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs North Alabama - Thursday, 12.21.23 @ 8:30 on BTN

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well done.

For me? We will have seven solid rotation players: Gallo, Mack, Malik, Ware, X, Walker, Cupps.

Not a dominating set, but not terrible at all. Very well good enough to be a tournament team.

How can you possibly say that when the season hasn't played out yet?!?!

Or something like that.

Good win Hoosiers

Meacham said a couple times "that is good basketball" or "that is Indiana basketball" and he was right. Good basketball is the same in a buy game or against a great team. It might be easier against No Alabama than against Auburn, but you still have to do the same things. 

If IU can remember and do that every night they'll win plenty of games. This isn't a great team, but they have the pieces to be a tough out. Simply those boring fundamentals- move the ball, block out, hit FT's, hustle, take good shots, etc. Not easy, but it's pretty simple. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I AM WORRIED!

There are about five posters that were extremely active in the Morehead, Auburn, and Kansas threads that were nowhere to be found tonight.

I hope they’re okay!

Jumped off the ledge? 

I think this team is good enough to cause anyone problems if they lock in on defense. We gave up a ton of good looks from three tonight. Can't do that against better competition. Maybe we get there, maybe we don't, but that's where I think we can win games.

7 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

If this happens we need to run zip recruiter ads:

“Wanted, talented 1 and 2 guards that can shoot open shots while defenses have to worry about your 5* 3/4/5’s teammates.  Package includes free food, housing, $500,000+ and a boatload of coeds”

I'm starting a "DCHoosier for IUBB director of operations" campaign. 

We played well tonight. Love that we were hitting shots! We still have a lot to improve on, but it was at least fun to watch.IMO there is a gap after Walker in the rotation. Hopefully adding X back will be the missing piece to success. I watched two other teams win by 40 something so I’m not going to get unrealistic with where we are. It’s where we can be , that gives me hope.