Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

I actually thought it would be Candle light….however, starved IU football is so giddy over a warm body for a successful win vs loss coach before his first touchdown at IU memorial football stadium.

Tom Allen contract extension as result of successful defense as assistant, Covid year success a couple years and players interrupting his tv interview by saying he was the best coach in the country.  Hired and extended based on emotion more than rationale.

The Cig interview with fans and McAphee showed student involvement and enthusiasm in JM football program.  For IU Cig has potential to be a good hire based on UNpower 5 wins vs losses and energy/enthusiasm.  Three or four or five years in power 5 league will ultimately tell the story.

IU should be encouraged with Whitten as their president.  Much better than those since and including Brand…much much better.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

I actually thought it would be Candle light….however, starved IU football is so giddy over a warm body for a successful win vs loss coach before his first touchdown at IU memorial football stadium.

Tom Allen contract extension as result of successful defense as assistant, Covid year success a couple years and players interrupting his tv interview by saying he was the best coach in the country.  Hired and extended based on emotion more than rationale.

The Cig interview with fans and McAphee showed student involvement and enthusiasm in JM football program.  For IU Cig has potential to be a good hire based on UNpower 5 wins vs losses and energy/enthusiasm.  Three or four or five years in power 5 league will ultimately tell the story.

IU should be encouraged with Whitten as their president.  Much better than those since Brand…much much better.

Cignetti may not have been a big conference HC, but from working at NC State and Saban's original Bama staff he does have high major recruiting experience and connections. He was WR coach and recruiting coordinator for Saban.

I get the concern but it's not like he'd be completely new this level, he does have some experience to draw on.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Cignetti may not have been a big conference HC, but from working at NC State and Saban's original Bama staff he does have high major recruiting experience and connections. He was WR coach and recruiting coordinator for Saban.

Not just recruiting experience and connections but has seen first hand how a P5 program needs to be run. I doubt his practices would be compared to HS practices.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I will admit I got caught up a little too much in the Hart talk. Even still in my 40's I'm learning to have some patience and let things play out before jumping to conclusions. 

Nothing is announced yet. Until then there's time for IUFB to go full IUFB.

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will admit I got caught up a little too much in the Hart talk. Even still in my 40's I'm learning to have some patience and let things play out before jumping to conclusions. 

I don't think it was any crazier than the Gruden talk. That probably had a more realistic chance of happening than any of us are comfortable with considering their built-in relationship.

25 minutes ago, TTT said:

IU should be encouraged with Whitten as their president.  Much better than those since and including Brand…much much better.

This happened after 1 successful covid year. 

We IUFB faithful are starving for this. We're here and ready to go. 

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Was at that game with my son, in the front row right behind the Indiana bench.  Saw a lot of telling things happen on the sideline in the second half of that game.  And I agree, that’s when it all came crashing down.

27 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Nothing is announced yet. Until then there's time for IUFB to go full IUFB.

Actually,  the Fort's 1380 The Fan was saying this morning that Tom Herman was the dark horse.

10 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

We IUFB faithful are starving for this. We're here and ready to go. 

That was simultaneously the best and worst day I've ever spent in Memorial Stadium. The potential is there.

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Wait... what? 15.5 million dollars, that wasn't his, that was used to fire CTA was poor judgment? 

I thought we wanted him fired? 

Despite have two strong seasons back to back and finishing near the top 10 we easily could have extended TA with no buyout. Easily.  

So despite many fans desire to have IU invest in football we clearly did not need to with TA and it was pretty clear he could not sustain that success. 

Dws