Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Alright, we aren’t done. 3 more JMU guys:

Tyler Stephens - OL

Kaelon Black - RB

Jailin Walker - LB

Not begrudging anyone involved making the best decisions for themselves, but, man, JMU football is on its way to being a smoking crater. 

Just now, Demo said:

Not begrudging anyone involved making the best decisions for themselves, but, man, JMU football is on its way to being a smoking crater. 

Based on how their fans have been a bunch of giant whiny babies online for the last 3 weeks:

Good. 

40 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Just announced 4 JMU transfers:

Nick Kidwell - OL

Aiden Fisher - LB

Zach Horton - TE

James Carpenter - DL

According to Schumann,  Kidwell would be a 7-year guy if he’s granted a waiver. I can’t even call him a kid. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

With the announcement that you can now transfer more than once without sitting, I expect to see some more guys hit the portal before it closes. And another wave after spring ball. 

This.  I am tracking CCC has the club at 87 grants for '24 - I would assume the staff has some additional pruning in mind in light of the latest round of additions.

1 hour ago, TrueHoosier62 said:

I hope the kids coming over from JMU are up to the challenge of playing in a league like the Big Ten. No disrespect meant, but this ain't the Sun Belt.

I’m skeptical but I’m not sure how much B1G talent we actually had with Allen either.

5 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I know he will. But hope Cig integrates these guys into the locker room smoothly. Wouldn’t want a “Mitch Mustain” situation to seep into the locker room with “his guys.” (If you know you know)

I stated this over on HSN.  Expect the JMU nine to set the tone for the team.  Expect them to hold players accountable and tell them exactly what the coaches expect.  I would expect more discipline a d less dumb penalties with these new players helping to integrate the whole team into the CCC experience.

Whether they play or not look at these JMU players as culture spreaders.

Edited by iuthruandthru

Look, I wouldn’t expect all of the JMU guys to start, but I do think there’s a few who have a chance (Kidwell, Kamara, Fisher, Walker, Carpenter in particular), but we also need depth and, maybe more importantly, Cig wants to institute his culture at IU.

Even if a lot of them are nothing more than depth/rotational pieces, they know Cig and they know the system so it’s good to have those guys around.