Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

6 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

JMU Junior Edge Mikail Kamara commits to CCC...I'm sure the JMU fanbase reaction will be completely normal...

936292561_ScreenShot2023-12-19at1_07_26PM.thumb.png.f2ac653d3e00a5529d42feef7341809b.png

18.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles in '23. 2 years of eligibility. That seems pretty good.

Just now, Demo said:

18.5 TFL, 7.5 sacks and 4 forced fumbles in '23. 2 years of eligibility. That seems pretty good.

Good numbers for sure. Keep in mind those numbers are against schools like Georgia Southern. He's a tab bit "small" for the position so he'll have a big transition in talent level that he'll be facing every week. It's no knock on him. Most of the kids coming from JMU will have the same uphill challenge. 

4 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Good numbers for sure. Keep in mind those numbers are against schools like Georgia Southern. He's a tab bit "small" for the position so he'll have a big transition in talent level that he'll be facing every week. It's no knock on him. Most of the kids coming from JMU will have the same uphill challenge. 

For an edge rusher? He's heavier than Dallas Turner who is the top protected EDGE prospect in the draft and the same weight as Jared Verse and Kydrian Jenkins who led the B10 in sacks. 

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

For an edge rusher? He's heavier than Dallas Turner who is the top protected EDGE prospect in the draft and the same weight as Jared Verse and Kydrian Jenkins who led the B10 in sacks. 

His mass is small for a pass rusher. 

6'1 265 vs 6'4 255 

6'4 255 has quite a bit more mass and possibly substantial more length. 

Now... I really dgaf. This kid can clearly play football. Put him as your WDE, apparently, he is a scheme fit, as well. This was one of the Top 5-6 JMU kids I wanted. Position of need, as well. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Saw Elijah Sarrett is in the portal, would love to get him but I doubt he comes here with all the WR additions we’ve had recently 

Two years ago our fanbase would have CROAKED if we had taken a commitment from that young man haha 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Two years ago our fanbase would have CROAKED if we had taken a commitment from that young man haha 

Probably a lot of guys on JMU our fans would croak about if they committed a few years ago. Clearly they got some good players though. I’m sure 90% of them can’t make the leap to the Big Ten but there’s definitely a few who belong.

His mass is small for a pass rusher. 

6'1 265 vs 6'4 255 

6'4 255 has quite a bit more mass and possibly substantial more length. 

Now... I really dgaf. This kid can clearly play football. Put him as your WDE, apparently, he is a scheme fit, as well. This was one of the Top 5-6 JMU kids I wanted. Position of need, as well. 

I agree with the length but can't agree with the weight vs mass. Weight is just a way of measuring mass as effected by gravity. Since gravity is the same for everyone, more weight = more mass and equal weight means equal mass. What weight/mass don't tell you is strength or what that mass is made of (fat or muscle) so two people of equal weights could still be quite different in makeup.

3 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Yes. Both Turner and Verse have length. Again no knock on him. I'm sure he'll fit right in and compete on the gridiron. 

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I agree with the length but can't agree with the weight vs mass. Weight is just a way of measuring mass as effected by gravity. Since gravity is the same for everyone, more weight = more mass and equal weight means equal mass. What weight/mass don't tell you is strength or what that mass is made of (fat or muscle) so two people of equal weights could still be quite different in makeup.

Pass deflections are a big part of the position he's playing. Length is an attribute for that particular stat. Again, please don't take me out of context, it's no knock on the kid. I'm looking forward to see him wearing the cream and crimson.  

8 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

put pads on a 6'4 255lbs dude vs one that's 6'1 265. 6'4 255 looks measurably larger. 

I understand how mass, strength, and weight all work. 

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Probably a lot of guys on JMU our fans would croak about if they committed a few years ago. Clearly they got some good players though. I’m sure 90% of them can’t make the leap to the Big Ten but there’s definitely a few who belong.

Just mentioning... I'm much more enamored with our scouting/development... than I am someone else's opinion on how many stars they should have. 

Just mentioning... I'm much more enamored with our scouting/development... than I am someone else's opinion on how many stars they should have. 

Cig has clearly shown the ability to develop guys, that JMU staff as a whole has. 

Anyone know the actual injury prognosis for Omar Cooper? I recall Tom Allen stating several times that Omar Cooper's injury was not season ending yet he didn't play in any of the last 3 games lol. Injury report simply stated 'undisclosed injury".
Allen was planning to play him in the bowl game lol

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk