Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Jamison Battle - Minnesota Transfer to Ohio State

13 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Very useful player.  Kopp was a shoot only player who didn't shoot enough.  Battle can score at a couple of levels.  2021-22 Battle was very good.  Think the drop last season was more with how little talent there was around him.

I would have killed for him to be our starting 4 this past season.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I would have killed for him to be our starting 4 this past season.

Why do you want him at the 4? I didn’t watch much of the spectacular 2022-23 Minnesota season but from highlights he looks like he has a skill set perfect to replace Kopp at the 3. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

Why do you want him at the 4? I didn’t watch much of the spectacular 2022-23 Minnesota season but from highlights he looks like he has a skill set perfect to replace Kopp at the 3. 

Who's playing the 4+5 then? 

Just now, Hoosier Roots said:

I dont know I guess I thought some combo of Reneau, Sparks, Banks and Ledlum and or Shedrick depending on who we land. 

If it's Banks/Ledlum at the 4.. I'm good with it. 

XJ, JHS, Kopp, Battle, and TJD would have been a nasty starting lineup though. 

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I wouldn't think Sensabaugh and Battle could co exist. Could be wrong there. 

Sensabaugh declared for the draft -- but kept the option of returning to Columbus. I've seen 2-3 mock drafts that have him going late in the first round. Some even earlier. 

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Sensabaugh declared for the draft -- but kept the option of returning to Columbus. I've seen 2-3 mock drafts that have him going late in the first round. 

Yeah the latest rounds of the ones I follow have him 18th and 19th. I'm not thinking he'll be back.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Sueing also left, so Battle to Ohio State makes sense in terms of playing time.

Race and Kopp leaving doesn’t say more playing time?  He wasn’t interested in playing at IU or an ex NBA coach.  The heck with him if he chooses OSU over IU.  We don’t want him or need him, if he even doesn’t even give us an official visit.

10 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Race and Kopp leaving doesn’t say more playing time?  He wasn’t interested in playing at IU or an ex NBA coach.  The heck with him if he chooses OSU over IU.  We don’t want him or need him, if he even doesn’t even give us an official visit.

That's one take, I guess.  Guys are allowed to choose where they want to play and determine their own wants and needs.

13 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

That's one take, I guess.  Guys are allowed to choose where they want to play and determine their own wants and needs.

I get that!  But he never even gave us a look by taking an official visit!  He was never interested in us, which stings a little bit.  I would have thought we at least could gotten an official visit, but after our him home visit, never even considered us!  That stings a little!!!!

8 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I get that!  But he never even gave us a look by taking an official visit!  He was never interested in us, which stings a little bit.  I would have thought we at least could gotten an official visit, but after our him home visit, never even considered us!  That stings a little!!!!

It sounds like you're taking it personally.

He's seen the campus and is likely at least somewhat familiar with the players. He listened to IU's pitch. Taking a visit doesn't really seem necessary for him to make an informed decision about what he thinks is best for himself. 

7 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Or maybe IU cooled on him? He's a solid player and would make some sense for IU....but I'm not mad about it. Other comparable/better options, IMO.