Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

How fast does this stuff work now? I found out about Bates from this video posted 35 mins ago coming up in my recommendations.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not a fan of Tamar Bates the player.

He gets a lot of slack as a person; I’d rather celebrate other players that have not made questionable decisions.

If we had Rob Phinisee the person and player the past season we would have been far better off. I wish him well, but his time at IU was not a success. Not at all.

Uhhh...Phinisee?  I understand that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but I prefer guards that can break a press.

Thanks for your time Tamar.  I wish you all the best moving forward

1 minute ago, Josh said:

Uhhh...Phinisee?  I understand that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but I prefer guards that can break a press.

Thanks for your time Tamar.  I wish you all the best moving forward

If you can’t hit shots? At least defend and be a player that is a role model as a person.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:37 PM, Stuhoo said:

Ummm…I would be absolutely shocked if Woody hadn’t already informed him a few months ago that he was no longer a uniformed member of the team.

That sinus thing was such garbage. He probably had a sinus infection and they used that as the break away point excuse.

I think that could be throwing Logan a bone and letting him regain that year of eligibility  back die to illness

9 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

What am I missing... was Bates arrested at some point or something?

He was suspended last year along with Durr, Lander, Parker, and X for starters. And while I’m hoping he gets back home to help his parents care for his toddler, it’ve been better if he wasn’t needing to get pulled back.

Again, I’m pulling for him, but I’d rather celebrate players that were low drama and didn’t get noticed as much.

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If you can’t hit shots? At least defend and be a player that is a role model as a person.

What did he do that was bad as a person. If having a baby before marriage makes you a bad person then I guess I am a bad person as well as both of my kids.

You’ll notice I am consistent saying what I mean so please don’t read more into it. So I’ll say it again:

I wish him well, but I would rather celebrate players that have been excellent representatives of IU while being low drama.

Plenty of  players got less love because they have been low key.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

You’ll notice I am consistent saying what I mean so please don’t read more into it. So I’ll say it again:

I wish him well, but I would rather celebrate players that have been excellent representatives of IU while being low drama.

I don't see where he was high drama, we don't know exactly why those 5 were suspended.  I guess Steve Alford shouldn't be celebrated because he was suspended. Coach Woodson was suspended as a player 

3 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

What did he do that was bad as a person. If having a baby before marriage makes you a bad person then I guess I am a bad person as well as both of my kids.

The only thing I said that was “bad” was that he was one of five that got suspended for a game last year, and that he was a bit of drama.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I did not “attack” his character when I said there are other players that were lower drama to celebrate.

IDK.  Only "drama" I'm aware of is asking for "TJD money" after an 0-13 tourney performance.    

Sure but you don't know what could happen once it's known you're transfering. 

I’m just saying there is a reason for the timing of things most often. Back channel things are always happening. And little leaks on message boards and such aren’t always unintentional in these matters. Public conversations can happen after it’s official but the benefit of unofficial conversations are incalculable.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

25 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Plenty of  players got less love because they have been low key.

So I'm guessing you don't celebrate Yogi Ferrell.