Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

Indiana Players Now In The Portal

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

For all of those who don't believe things till Rabby says them instead of me, he just predicted Bates and Geronimo gone. 

They have  been predicting that for a while over there. Nothing new with him saying it out loud.  Over 2.5 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

For all of those who don't believe things till Rabby says them instead of me, he just predicted Bates and Geronimo gone. 

Sounds about right. I haven’t followed much this season as I’ve been quite busy, but Rabby seems like a direct mouth piece for the staff at this point. 

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

Sounds about right. I haven’t followed much this season as I’ve been quite busy, but Rabby seems like a direct mouth piece for the staff at this point. 

Assuming JHS is gone and XJ gets a waiver, that leaves what, 5 schollies open for next year (that's including the signed '23 class)?

9 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Assuming JHS is gone and XJ gets a waiver, that leaves what, 5 schollies open for next year (that's including the signed '23 class)?

Si senor.

That’s a bunch—no one should be spun up that any particular addition is or isn’t a program changer.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Curious as to why Bates would leave and where he thinks he'll land.

Minus a handful of really nice games, he didn't perform particularly well this season - especially at the end. 

Does he think he needs a different system? Does he think he'll get more run elsewhere? Want to be closer to home? 

Kansas State or Mizzou might take a flyer on him. Both have first year head coaches that relied heavily on transfers this past season, and the schools are closer to KC. 

Just now, ziggyiu said:

Minus a handful of really nice games, he didn't perform particularly well this season - especially at the end. 

Does he think he needs a different system? Does he think he'll get more run elsewhere? Want to be closer to home? 

Kansas State or Mizzou might take a flyer on him. Both have first year head coaches that relied heavily on transfers this past season, and the schools are closer to KC. 

I think he wanted a big pay raise. TJD, JHS type money and the staff didn’t think he had earned that. Landing spots could be Missouri, Kansas State or Marquette.

Geronimo wants St. John’s, but more like Providence or Seton Hall.

Probably wouldn't mind having a play or two ran for him

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think he wanted a big pay raise. TJD, JHS type money and the staff didn’t think he had earned that. Landing spots could be Missouri, Kansas State or Marquette.

Geronimo would never see the court with Pitino. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Interesting. None of those schools have IU's NIL capabilities, or so it's reported. 

So he'd take less to be elsewhere because he can't get more here? 

Hope everything works out for him. Except if it's again IU. ;)

17 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

Having a child maybe he rather move closer to her and his family 

Hopefully the staff was able to keep a straight face when he asked for tjd jhs type money. I would not have been able to but glad the kids clearly have courage. I know if I sucked terrible at my job it would be tough to have the courage to ask for top pay lol.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

What's interesting to me is that Nijel Pack left Kansas State to become one of the faces of NIL at Miami, yet K State was still able to bring in so many good transfers.

He left Kansas St to be the primary pg on a team.  After watching Nowell this year I can see why he wanted that.