Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Minnesota - Wednesday, 1/25/23 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

Dawson Garcia, the Gophers men's basketball team's leading scorer and rebounder, might miss Wednesday night's game against Indiana because of an ankle injury, coach Ben Johnson said Tuesday.

"The good thing is it's not anything significant," Johnson said on his radio show. "The bad news is it could be something that keeps him out of a game potentially. We're going to be smart like we do all of our guys. We're never going to put a guy in jeopardy of further injury for this year or down the line just for a game."

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Dawson Garcia, the Gophers men's basketball team's leading scorer and rebounder, might miss Wednesday night's game against Indiana because of an ankle injury, coach Ben Johnson said Tuesday.

"The good thing is it's not anything significant," Johnson said on his radio show. "The bad news is it could be something that keeps him out of a game potentially. We're going to be smart like we do all of our guys. We're never going to put a guy in jeopardy of further injury for this year or down the line just for a game."

Gophers maybe down 7 scholarship players if that happens, been a bad year for injuries 

19 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

Not saying we wont, but dadgum. Ill take the ML, that spread seems crazy. 

We’ve won by 18, 15 (away), and 13 the last three games. Minny is the worst team in the conference.   

I’m not saying I’d bet it—I can see us in a let down game, dog fight and barely squeaking by, honestly—but the spread sounds about right. 

24 minutes ago, str8baller said:

We’ve won by 18, 15 (away), and 13 the last three games. Minny is the worst team in the conference.   

I’m not saying I’d bet it—I can see us in a let down game, dog fight and barely squeaking by, honestly—but the spread sounds about right. 

I'm not arguing any of the two different arguments that you are making. 

When it comes to how I expect us to win, It's more than than 10

But historically do we turn a +10 into a +2 .... YEP.. Betting nightmare.

Will I bet against IU, no. But will i bet the over on that spread... dadgum man, Vegas has paid for more lights and buildings than I will ever dream of. 

IU on the ML. not the spread.

Current price of a small Mocha Frappuccino at Starbucks in Minneapolis: $5.65

Current price of an IU/Minny game ticket on StubHub: $4.00

Of course, many would say that a Frappuccino is sweet, delicious, and keeps you awake, and that Minnesota basketball is ... well, you know.

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Of course, many would say that a Frappuccino is sweet, delicious, and keeps you awake, and that Minnesota basketball is ... well, you know.

Nothing from Starbucks is delicious. Lol

Now a side note -- Starbucks sued a local Texas bar for trademark infringement, bc the bartender was serving a "StarBocks" beer -- a mix of Lone Star and Shiner Bock. Now that was delicious.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Take ‘em any way you can get them.

I wonder what goes through Garcia’s mind about IU and this matchup. Kid has been through a lot but he garnered #1 recruit priority attention from the Hoosiers and especially the Hysterics, lol.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk