Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

I think that Miller Kopp cannot get his own shot or contain straight line drives, but if he told an assistant to f-off during the heat of battle? I'm not very bothered by that at all.
It's happened before:

Never gets old

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Never gets old

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure young Michael Lewis freely told plenty of people, coaches, refs, teammates, and opponents to **** off. 

Exhibit 'A' was when he did so to Coach Knight. 

Exhibit 'B'? Jacob Jaacks and the "nose incident." Note, Lewis being nasty resulted in Iowa Coach Tom Davis leaving the coaching box (the horror!) and IU getting a two shot technical. Lol

Moral of the story for me? Miller Kopp has severe limitations as a player, but getting irrationally pissed off is WAY down the list.

I have been on the Play Banks train....but last game his body language kind of worried me as well. He made a couple mistakes, including closing out late and getting a three splashed on him, and his body language immediately went negative. 

As someone who came off the bench, typically during blowouts...I understand it is hard and the negativity of the game and other teammates can rub off. But this is your chance to bust your @$$ and show why you should get minutes, regardless of score or circumstance. 

That said...I still want him to get more minutes. I'd rather force him into difficult situations he can learn from for next year, than watch the same old sulking head down woe is me attitude a lot of the guys are displaying. 

I'm pretty sure young Michael Lewis freely told plenty of people, coaches, refs, teammates, and opponents to **** off. 

Exhibit 'A' was when he did so to Coach Knight. 

Exhibit 'B'? Jacob Jaacks and the "nose incident." Note, Lewis being nasty resulted in Iowa Coach Tom Davis leaving the coaching box (the horror!) and IU getting a two shot technical. Lol

[/url]  

Moral of the story for me? Miller Kopp has severe limitations as a player, but getting irrationally pissed off is WAY down the list.

I agree for the most part, with the exception that Mike Lewis was a hell of a competitor who earned enough of the staff’s respect from that aspect of his game alone. Additionally he was willing to lead and actually went out and made an effort to actively play better and harder. He was engaged in what Knight had to say to him after the scrum, then went back out there and did the dang thing.

Probably not advisable to get in Knight’s face (even though he probably deserved it), but he and Knight both knew it was from a place of fierce competitiveness and something would come of it. There are very few of those players anymore, and Miller Kopp is not close to being one of them.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ever since Zeller left after the 2013 season, it's become a ritual this time of year to eagerly anticipate mass roster turnover. Except for 1 or 2 seasons when Yogi was here.

So frustrating. It would be nice to get excited for March because we're getting a high tournament seed, rather than witnessing an exodus of players.

I’m kind of ticked off Miller Kopp is still on the team. Cursing out your coach ( as stated, and if untrue major apologies)in front everyone without punishment (as of yet). It just leads the underclassmen thinking they can do something like this. Just breeds bad environment. I’m bummed.

15 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

I’m kind of ticked off Miller Kopp is still on the team. Cursing out your coach ( as stated, and if untrue major apologies)in front everyone without punishment (as of yet). It just leads the underclassmen thinking they can do something like this. Just breeds bad environment. I’m bummed.

Woodson seems like a guy that would not allow such things.  And we all know that his mentor Coach Knight would not have even come close to tolerating that. 

17 hours ago, HoosierDad14 said:

I’d give Mick Cronin a blank check. 

Cronin illustrates the difficulty of hiring coach’s and projecting if they will work out.  When we hired Archie he was, along with Mack and Holtman, one of the three hottest up and coming coaches in the country.  Only 1/3 survived their P5 hire.

Cronin has worked out but it’s not as though the UCLA GM was a genius as Cronin was about #15 or so of the coaches they wanted and/or thought they would land.  A couple of publications I looked at, including the LA Times, stated that UCLA reached out to (this is not the complete list) Izzo, Jay Wright, Rick Barnes, Mark Few, Billy Donovan, Matt Painter, Brad Stevens, Mike Hopkins, Steve Prohm, Jamie Dixon and our good friend Calapari. Although they told some of the coaches representatives that their salaries would be doubled most of them (including Painter, Stevens, Donovan, Few etc) made it clear they were not even interested in an initial interview.  They had serious talks, and thought they were going to land, Calapari (offered him a ton of cash, tons for assistants, unlimited access to private planes etc etc) but now feel he just used them as leverage for more UK cash, then they thought they had Barnes and then thought they had Jamie Dixon (while nearly everyone else was saying they had no interest in even talking).  

It’s really tough figuring out who will work out. Most “proven” P5 guys are hard to land and the “sure-fire” mid-major guys are actually a complete crap shoot.  Unfortunately  we are probably going to find out how hard it is sooner than expected.

53 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

This really makes no sense... Why is Bates even there in the first place? He isn't anywhere near the passing lane. It isn't even his position to be last in line. That'd be JHS' position. Who the hell is teaching these guys anything? That isn't natural defense. That's a taught defense. 

7 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Trying to find some humor here. My wife and I have been giving some serious consideration to moving to Europe. There are plenty of obstacles standing in our way but none that can't be overcome. But since last night I can't stop laughing at the fact that one my reasons to stay (though it would never be a deciding factor) was IU hoops. I'm fine not being able to follow any of my other American sports teams. But it's been agonizing to think about not being able to sit down and watch Indiana basketball. At this rate they might be turning in to a catalyst FOR the move. Being forced to not follow doesn't sound so bad right now.

Move as fast as you can! I don't think I've ever heard anyone upset from their move over the pond.

12 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

This really makes no sense... Why is Bates even there in the first place? He isn't anywhere near the passing lane. It isn't even his position to be last in line. That'd be JHS' position. Who the hell is teaching these guys anything? That isn't natural defense. That's a taught defense. 

If we're playing true help side defense Bates is in the right spot he has to stop the dribble penetration. JHS and Trey are both way out of position. Trey needs to have one foot in the lane for help. JHS has funk on the rotation. Tamar can guard the big guy after stopping the ball. At least that's how I've always seen it taught and taught it myself

59 minutes ago, TadQueasy said:

Woodson seems like a guy that would not allow such things.  And we all know that his mentor Coach Knight would not have even come close to tolerating that. 

I shudder to think what Knight would've done.  

13 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If we're playing true help side defense Bates is in the right spot he has to stop the dribble penetration. JHS and Trey are both way out of position. Trey needs to have one foot in the lane for help. JHS has funk on the rotation. Tamar can guard the big guy after stopping the ball. At least that's how I've always seen it taught and taught it myself

He's about 1-2 steps too far down and about 3 steps too far left. JHS should be closer to his position. 

24 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Move as fast as you can! I don't think I've ever heard anyone upset from their move over the pond.

Yeah, no doubt. Wife and I took a trip over there in the fall and couldn't stop talking about how, for so many different reasons, our souls just felt at home. But this is a ranting thread, so I won't derail with stories full of wonder and joy.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

+1

I've found that the only people who think that an extensive foreign tour is a bad idea are ones who have never done it.

My in laws went for a month a few years ago & called halfway through the trip and said we’re staying another month.