Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

In leap years, why do we have to get an extra day in February? Why couldn't we get an extra day of June?

Side note (in best Sheldon cooper voice):  leap years occur in every year that 4 goes into with the exception of years ending in 00;  in that case there is only a leap year if 400 goes into it evenly.

Ranting, on the body…

It’s just wrong. It’s just not right, that my facial hair growth (and fingernails) now outpaces the hair on top of my head. 
I mean, why? Is it more important to keep your face warm than your head? Is it some kind of old world camouflage that I’m not aware of? We had to blend in with the bushes when peeking out of them hunting - and did we grow claws too?

It’s like insult to injury that I have to shave all the time, but not cut my hair!

Cant we reverse the two? Shave once every 5-6 weeks? Please? 

21 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

I'm in Arizona right now.

Best time of the year to be here. Freezing most other places but in the 60s in AZ. The winters make the summers worth it.

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

People saying I “could” care less. 

Most of these rants are weak sauce but this is a great one. I correct it every time. 

“Oh you could? Good. Let’s talk about it some more.”

On 12/30/2023 at 1:09 PM, AZ Hoosier said:

My rant for today?

College FB players opting out of bowl games... I remember when a bowl game was a reward for playing well and having a good season. Do these kids think they're too good to go bowling? Sheesh, this generation... and yeah, get off my lawn.

I'm fine with it except for the playoff games. Every other bowl game is meaningless.

You going to blow your shot at the NFL by getting hurt in the Pop Tarts Bowl?  If you get hurt badly enough they'll run you through the giant toaster and eat you post game in a heartbeat.

Not sure why I bother with Lowe's anymore. Every time I go there, they either don't carry what I'm looking for or they're out of it. A hinge on one of my kitchen cabinets decided to snap off when I opened it. I find an aisle with drawer after drawer of handles, hinges and everything under the sun, find the drawer that shows exactly what I need, and it's empty. An employee informed me it was out of stock. Amazon wins again, and instead of fixing it today, I now have to spend the next 3 days carefully opening the cabinet so I don't f*ck up the other hinge. 

I hate it when the guy driving behind me has his brights on, and I can't look in my rearview or sideview mirrors without being blinded. You don't need your brights on if you're driving on the interstate, or if there's a car in front of you, for that matter. 

7 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I hate it when the guy driving behind me has his brights on, and I can't look in my rearview or sideview mirrors without being blinded. You don't need your brights on if you're driving on the interstate, or if there's a car in front of you, for that matter. 

I like to readjust my side mirrors to shine his brights right back into his eyes. It usually sends the message.