Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

15 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He went to back to back bowl games before they fired him and his teams were at least entertaining to watch. Lots of offense. IU scored 40+ against 5 P5 schools in 2015. Allen’s teams are both awful and incredibly boring to watch. IU hasn’t scored 40 in a game against a P5 school since 2019. 

I’m not defending Allen.  But Kevin Wilson sucked as a head coach in every way possible.

I've got the fix!  Two things in mind here.  $20M buyout and no respected coach would want to come here.  So we need to work with that.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have plenty of money and an IU alumnus feeling the heat.  I say they pay the $20M and send us Matt Canada.

Boom!  Josh for AD

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

I've got the fix!  Two things in mind here.  $20M buyout and no respected coach would want to come here.  So we need to work with that.

The Pittsburgh Steelers have plenty of money and an IU alumnus feeling the heat.  I say they pay the $20M and send us Matt Canada.

Boom!  Josh for AD

Matt Canada is a horrible OC so how we could he be good as a HC

13 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Yeah... I'd rather have that than this "LEO" garbage.

And, I'm not joking.

Then you have very very low standards and morals. There was so much more that Wilson did that is not common knowledge. He’s lucky he didn’t end up in jail. Absolute POS human and I wouldn’t swerve if he walked in front of my car

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

Then you have very very low standards and morals. There was so much more that Wilson did that is not common knowledge. He’s lucky he didn’t end up in jail. Absolute POS human and I wouldn’t swerve if he walked in front of my car

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Because I've seen so many people in my life who preach morality but never practiced it themselves to the point I became absolutely cynical about religion.  If you want to view Kevin Wilson with absolute contempt, that's on you, but at least he was getting us places before he imploded.  Tom Allen is giving us the worst of both worlds; losing games in humiliating fashion and lecturing us about piety while being a jerk himself.

29 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He went to back to back bowl games before they fired him and his teams were at least entertaining to watch. Lots of offense. IU scored 40+ against 5 P5 schools in 2015. Allen’s teams are both awful and incredibly boring to watch. IU hasn’t scored 40 in a game against a P5 school since 2019. 

So entertaining fans is worth more than the legal liability, and the safety of your students and athletes? BS

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Matt Canada is a horrible OC so how we could he be good as a HC

We're not getting a good coach to come here.  But at least Allen would be gone and recruits would see that our HC has NFL experience

That's all I got

Just now, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Because I've seen so many people in my life who preach morality but never practiced it themselves to the point I became absolutely cynical about religion.  If you want to view Kevin Wilson with absolute contempt, that's on you, but at least he was getting us places before he imploded.  Tom Allen is giving us the worst of both worlds; losing games in humiliating fashion and lecturing us about piety while being a jerk himself.

Religion has zero, absolutely zero to do with this. Are you aware of the numerous sexual harassment claims against him, that Glass had made him aware he was on a no tolerance program for student harassment? But no, by god, we want to be entertained 

1 minute ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Since it's pretty clear that all you care about is LEO instead of WINNING, then go on ahead.

Please show me one, one little thing where I indicated that. You seem to be implying that winning is more important than culture or safety. What do you know about the inner workings of the program at that time?

The fact of the matter is we can do better. We’re at rock bottom and have nowhere to go but up. We are literally the worst Power 5 team! Unfortunately, I suspect we will be stuck with Allen for another year due to his massive buy-out. 

Just now, mamasa said:

Religion has zero, absolutely zero to do with this. Are you aware of the numerous sexual harassment claims against him, that Glass had made him aware he was on a no tolerance program for student harassment? But no, by god, we want to be entertained 

Yeah, he was a ******* creep and an *******, but this university has shown countless times that sexual harassment was to be tolerated because standards went out the damn window and we have no semblance of common sense or human decency.  I mean, after all, remember all the **** Bob Knight was allowed to do to people for decades because he won us a few national titles?

And, guess what?  This is par for the course for most universities.  If you win games, you get away with this kind of wretched stuff until you either A) start losing or B) make a total @$$ of yourself.

I remember being super entertained when we gave up 47 points to a 3-8 Southern Illinois team. Then 55 more to a 4-8 Rutger team after being up like 4 scores in the 2nd half. Wilson sucked. Allen sucks. 

We can do better than arguing about who was the better dogs**t football coach. 

5 minutes ago, mamasa said:

So entertaining fans is worth more than the legal liability, and the safety of your students and athletes? BS

He got an OC job with a much better program immediately after, so it really couldn’t have been that bad.

Anyway, I don’t want to distract from how awful Allen is. Today brings Allen to 2-20 in the Big 10 since 2020. Dismantled by Maryland and Rutgers over the past three games, with a 52-7 loss to Michigan sandwiched in between. Will we win another game this season? 

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

The fact of the matter is we can do better. We’re at rock bottom and have nowhere to go up. We are literally the worst Power 5 team! Unfortunately, I suspect we will be stuck with Allen for another year due to his massive buy-out. 

That is pretty much the case.  The buyout is likely keeping Allen around, and even if Allen does get fired, I doubt Indiana University makes much of an effort to hire a significant coach.