Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

Just now, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't know how they are but we need to beat them in that first game since the strength of our schedule (as it appears now) relies almost entirely on seeing Gonzaga and Arizona in that tournament.

Couldn’t agree more. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indiana got the toughest draw. lol. I guess that’s good for SOS until we go 1-2. Hoping we can win game 1.  

That was kind of my reaction but this isn't last year's squad. With this squad, we should expect to win, that's hard for me to do based on where we've been coming into this season, but imo we should be expecting W's. It's on Woodson to deliver them, now.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

That was kind of my reaction but this isn't last year's squad. With this squad, we should expect to win, that's hard for me to do based on where we've been coming into this season, but imo we should be expecting W's. It's on Woodson to deliver them, now.

100%. We will see if he can actually prepare and coach this team early in the season!  Our team chemistry and where it is at this point in time the tournament starts, will play a big factor in us winning at least 2 games in the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament 

On 8/20/2024 at 12:05 PM, go iu bb said:

I would think that having the #3 frontcourt and #14 backcourt would make this a top 10 team. There must be some reason it isn't. I wonder what that could be.

I'm speculating that it is because of: lack of a mascot; some fans aren't true fans; IU's administration in the last 27 years; flying plant pots; cutters; free love; Addidas; the balcony in SSAH; changes in Hoosier Hysteria; too easy non-conference; old people not standing during games; Brad Stevens; Mark Few; Doc Itch; zebras; wind turbines; weed; cell phones; cream and crimson; solid rims; the Mop Lady; not understanding Xs and Os; tight supporters; apathy; POTFB; B1G sux; over emphasis on academics; extra-curricular activities; choking; Nick's; NIL; mediocrity; helicopter Moms; not using the picket fence; Peacock; tradition (It's Indiana!) and effort.

13 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

I'm speculating that it is because of: lack of a mascot; some fans aren't true fans; IU's administration in the last 27 years; cutters; free love; Addidas; the balcony in SSAS; changes in Hoosier Hysteria; too easy non-conference; old people not standing during games; Brad Stevens; Mark Few; zebras; wind turbines; cell phones; cream and crimson; solid rims; the Mop Lady; tight supporters; apathy; POTFB; B1G sux; over emphasis on academics; extra-curricular activities; Nick's; NIL; mediocrity; helicopter Moms; not using the picket fence; Peacock; tradition and effort.

image.jpeg.be7399366e52630146b543747c68d1d4.jpeg

image.jpeg.3aade09c8ff99e7985b52c001093603c.jpeg

:)

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

image.jpeg.be7399366e52630146b543747c68d1d4.jpeg

image.jpeg.3aade09c8ff99e7985b52c001093603c.jpeg

:)

That Hairy Buffalo trainer is exhibiting some serious school spirit.  

Props to you, HoosierHoopster for posting that fantastic photo.

Reminds me of a story about the plains indians (native Americans): 

Back in the day native Americans roamed the plains.  The women of this one tribe competed for status in two ways: through the number of sons they produced and by the quality of the animal hides they sat on.

Now this tribe had three high status squaws. One sat with her son on a pony hide. The second sat with her son on a buffalo hide.  But the third squaw had as much status as both of them because she sat with her two sons on a hippopotamus hide.

My lesson to you is that the squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides.

I rarely venture over to Rivals anymore but being bored and chained to my desk yesterday, I clicked over and saw an article on likely starting lineups and rotations. 2 things stuck out: 

1) The article had Galloway starting, which seems to be a minority opinion over here. 

2) it has both Tucker and Cupps essentially out of the main rotation. 

I find both of those things less probable than not of happening. I don’t the quality of writer or how plugged in those guys are over there anymore, but it did make me at least wonder if other people are expecting Galloway to start.